Chapter 1

Trigger Warning: Detailed recounts of physical/sexual child abuse. Please read with caution – marked as the entire chapter.

————————————

June 27th, 2019 – Rosewood Hospital

————————————

There is no telling how long Aria and Spencer sit on the hospital bed with their little girl in their arms.

Rosie hugs her baby brother like her life depends on it, and she basks in the warmth of her family's presence. She had dreamt of this day – this moment – for three long, terrifying years.

Day after day, she hoped to be able to come home.

As the minutes passed and turned into hours and then days and then... 1 week...

Rosalie had hoped that someone would call the police.

That, at any moment, she had told herself, any moment the police are going to come running in here like they do on TV.

They will break down the door and arrest the bad guys and carry her home to her parents and little brother.

Unfortunately, as time passed, Rosie began to wonder...

Was her mommy right when she said, "Hope breeds eternal misery"?

But then, something magical happened.

The man had let her out of the "dark room" aka the closet, where he sent her as punishment. He allowed her to come to the living room while he had a guest over.

It was another man, and the two talked about grown up stuff that Rosie didn't understand.

She had to be quiet and well-behaved. Otherwise she would be sent back to the closet without dinner, and a whipping, as punishment.

She could not stop looking at her.

Rosie had never seen her before.

You see, this man, the one who took Rosie, and the other one, who this mystery woman belonged to, were partners in this whole thing.

They each had three girls and, once a week, they would switch out. One would take a different three, the other would have the last three.

Jackass #1 (Rosie's kidnapper) had Rosie, a little girl named Olivia, who was 13, and an older girl, Jessica, who was 18.

Jackass #2 (Jackass #1's guest of honor) had a wife, or who he wanted everyone to believe was his wife.

Her name was Stephanie, and she was 33 years old. Then the mystery girl, who was 28, although Rosie had not no idea of this because she could not tell what age they were.

The last girl was 25 years old, and named Taylor.

Back to the point at hand...

One this day, exactly three years since Rosie was taken from the Rosewood Zoo, on her fifth birthday, Jackass #1 had his guest over.

Only one of his girls came with him.

She looked at Rosie, seeing this beautiful blue-eyed 8-year-old and all the innocence that she still possessed.

This woman, after 23 years of being here, made a decision right then and there.

She was going to do something for Rosie. She was not going to sit by and watch as this little girl slowly lost whatever innocence and childlike nature she had left.