Felt Better

Every time Cotton would visit, the few hours would feel like forever. Each day brought different news, even though they sounded the same each time - yet it never got boring for Sherbet. He would gladly listen to everything she told, even giving some comments. He was doing his best to stay cheery even in his deteriorating state.
  This day was no different. Cotton would soon give a goodbye hug to her friend after spending some quality time withh him, and of course leaving some warm food - she said its a surprise, so Sherbet didn't even know what it was. Once the door closed, he sighed with a little bit of mist appearing from his nose. He'd be alone once again for stars knew how long, and it didn't help that the blizzard outside was building up. Gosh , he hoped his friend wouldn't get blown away in this weather!
Grabbing the warm blanket Cotton had knitted from the wool from her sheep, he wrapped it around himself and moved and moved to the window. One peek outside sent shivers down his back, not like they weren't common....but this time just looking out there made him feel colder than ever. For a moment, he felt as if he couldn't move, the dancing masses of snowflakes causing him to get distracted in their mindless moves...and at the same time it almost felt like he could..see a figure of himself out there....? This...oddly wasn't the first timw, it felt like it's odd eyes stared right through him with that small glisten.
  Shaking his head, Sherbet moved the curtains over the windows and moved the blanket over his head, huffing.
"This snow..it always feels like it's trying to get me to follow it...Today especially...."
"Calling, beckoning me to come out there....It..almost sounds like an actual voice.." sighing again he says, now walking slowly over to the table where Cotton had left the surprise food. Sherbet would carefully open the fabric that kept the warmth in, the surprise revealing to be some warm berry soup. It was in a jar that was warm to the touch - he could barely feel it but..it was nice to at least feel something on his cold hands. He shouldn't hold onto it for too long though, because it wouldn't take too long for it to frost over and freeze whatever was inside. The fact she cared so much about him, and that she did this put a smile on his face...

  But this warmth would barely do anything.
Sherbet would sit by the fireplace, the blabket still tightly wrapped around him as he shivered, the misty breaths actually leaving bits of frost on the firewood nearby. Why wasn't the fire helping...? It did earlier that very same day, so why wasn't it now??
- "Curses with this disease...it just won't let me be, huh...? Maybe...maybe the Frost Witch really is after me...?"
- "No, no...she's just a little story made to scare little ones..she isn't real. It's...it's okay.." he tries to reassure himself.
  Seeing as the warmth from the fireplace wasn't helping, he thought it perhaps was time to go sleep already, it was getting rather late either way, so there was no escape from that. Maybe it would pass tomorrow, maybe this disease would soon pass and he'd be back to his usual self - outside, helping Cotton at times with herding her sheep through the snowy days.
  Sherbet got up, brushing the frost off of the blanket before he started walking back to the corner with his bed. Though as he got up, his head it...felt as if it was getting...heavier? It felt weighted down by the cold in a way..? He tried to ignore it, but as he walked, his vision became all blurred, to him it looking like an endless blizzard stretching across a field. He stopped in the middle of his small house as a voice in his mind spoke, begged... beckoned him. It beckoned him to give in, to let himself go outside and feel as one with the snow.
  His grip on the blanket loosened, the shivers he had just moments earlier seeming to calm down but...why...? Once he tried to move again, all he was greeted by in return was his vision completely going dark, and a thud on the floor as his frostridden body hit the ground. His eyes wouldn't even close fully, the already fading shine from his eyes made it look like he was just trying to sneak a peek at the area...

  But who is it kidding..that's not what's happening, not even close.