Prologue

CHOOSE YOUR ANTLERS!

Our story begins with a hunter of the ancient way

Our story begins with a hunter of the ancient way. He was sitting in a dark forest one night when he heard gunshots. He stood up and rushed toward them with his bow. He silently prays to his goddess as he runs to the site of poachers.

When he arrives, he sees them very clearly and sees that a few of them did not want to do this. For this, the hunter prays for them, asking his goddess to protect them from his rage.

When he sees a poacher, he rushes toward him and quietly slits his throat. As the poacher gurgles blood, the blood from his jugular slowly flows from his throat onto the ground. Several poachers quickly follow, dying silently.

When he stands up and jumps onto a tree, a poacher screams in horror upon seeing his silhouette in the moonlight, alerting the others.

They quickly converge on his position. After killing several of them, screeching like a wraith, some run away in fear, others harden their hearts. The remaining poachers fight the young hunter, only beating him after many of their number had died.

Only one man managed to kill him, and he used a shotgun. When the hunter fell, the very earth trembled. However when they brought his body away from the spot he died at, it went through a massive transformation.

The young boy became a powerful stag. A young woman approached the doe and gingerly caressed it's furred cheek.

"It's okay, little one." The woman whispered lovingly before healing the great beast with magic.

The Humans stared at her in fear much to her annoyance.

"It is in your nature, Human. Don't be so afraid. However, you have committed a great crime. Murdering a grandson of Gaia, and my only son. You must pay the blood price." The woman said.

"Wh-What?" A hunter asks.

"Yep. One of you must replace his Human counterpart since you killed his Human form. One of you is going to be violently changed into a doe. The one who does is up to you. I'll let you fight each other for the honorable sacrifice." The woman says.

No one fights about it, but not due to a loving friendship for one another but out of spite.

"Okay, all of you, then? Great!" The woman said about to snap her fingers.

"Wait!" A young woman shouted.

"Ah...who is this? A young woman?" The woman asks with a smirk.

"Take me instead. Leave them alone, and take me." The young woman pleaded.

"A pure soul sacrificing herself to save the lives of others, hm? Alright, but just know there is no turning back from this." The woman said.

"I know, but only one of these men deserve an awful death, so please, spare them." The young woman pleaded once more.