Telling Nick (14 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Darryl Pov:

School came and went quickly.

I was walking home, because I was planning to stop by Nick's house.

I held out my phone and looked at the address Alex had given me.

I went through a few turns and loops, before finding his house.

I stood on his front porch, being hesitant.

Alex better not have given me the wrong address.

*Knock, knock!*

The door opened, and there stood Nick. The door wasn't fully open, just enough so he could poke his head around the door to look at me.

He looked horrible.

But not in a mean way! More like in a sad way.

He had bags under his eyes, and it looked like he hadn't shaved in a while, which is something he always did. And I'm pretty sure he was wearing a hoodie. He was slightly shorter than me, so I looked down a bit.

"What are you doing here?" Nick asked me.

"I came to talk to you, is that okay?" I questioned.

"No," he replied. He made eye contact with me. And it looked like he had been crying.

"Please? It's important," it was.

"Not in the mood," he started to close the door.

I put my hand on it, stopping it from closing. Even though it made me look like a rude person. But I really needed to talk.

"It's about Karl," I told him.

His eyes widened as he started at the ground.

"..come in," he opened the door for me and I walked inside.

Nick was wearing a purple hoodie, which isn't his style, so that was odd.

He closed the door behind me and then he told me to sit down on his couch, and I did.

He walked over and sat down on the other side of the couch.

"What about Karl?" He asked, looking at his hands that were in his lap.

"Is he okay? You told me you were going to his house last time I talked to you."

He kept staring down.

I could tell his eyes were starting to water.

"I did," he cleared his throat, "but when I got there. His parents said that he hadn't visited them for a while."

He sniffled.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked.

"He uh.. they think that he, he was murdered?" His voice was breaking.

This was really sad...

But didn't I see Karl..?