i

I had been making visits to the playground without Boris often, getting so high I would end up in places I didn't remember going to. One time, I ended up in the street, and I quickly sprinted off, nearly getting hit. Boris questioned where I had been the next day, and I responded with, "Hanging out with a friend."

Boris would glare at me, serving me only with deafening silence for a while. Truth was, the playground was a long walk for someone with crutches, and, if I'm honest...

I liked getting drunk and high without him sometimes. I felt freer, even though I didn't know why, as I never remembered a majority of what happened. It was like I was at the edge of life and I, somehow, liked the feeling.

Being around Boris hadn't changed since I'd adjusted to him mostly, the only alters being the kiss and the hug from that night, and of course, Kotku. I had just thought I got her out of my life for a while. She came over still, which angered me, though I tried to ignore it. But when Boris started chattering about her like he used to before prom? That infuriated me.

When he started to, I would get angry and snap slightly. Boris would think I was in a bad mood and give me 'alone time', heading back to his father's place for the night. And when he did? I would get drunk, locking myself up in my room.