♡

"Hirosedori~ Hirosedori~"

Hm? Wait, is that...?

You quickly snap out of your after-work fatigue and soon realize, That's my stop!

Just in time, you niftily stumble out of the metro. You can feel your heart racing, the pulse in your head doesn't help your mild headache. As you try to calm down from your workout session for the week, the doors behind you are beeping.

Well, that was something.

As you attempt to fix your appearance, the metro picks up speed and soon leaves you with windswept hair. You let out a small sigh. But before you can drown yourself in self-pity, your phone rescues you. You can feel the corners of your mouth go slightly up as you read the message from Hayato.

Ready for our romantic date? Be there in 15 minutes!

Leave it to your long-term boyfriend to cheer you up without even knowing you're feeling down. One look on the clock tells you that you're a bit early.

No wonder. You basically sprinted out of your office but honestly, who can blame you? Today hasn't been a great day. Actually, the whole week has been – to put it mildly – very shitty, especially since your co-worker Yukie has switched to working only part-time.

-✧-✧-✧-

two days ago

"As if she knows what she's supposed to look for! She's just lounging around in her mansion, scrolling through IG the whole day, chilling on daddy's money!" Yukie cursed while you grimly nodded your head in agreement.

Apparently, the current owner of your company got bored with resting her sweet bum on the piles of money and decided to pay her inherited companies a visit like she always does for the last six years. It has become an annual tradition at this point.

"Have you seen our supervisor? I have never seen someone so desperate for a promotion!" you growled.

"I'm pretty sure that little brat doesn't even have the authority to promote anyone," Yukie agreed. You couldn't help but smirk. Never in your life had you seen someone roll their eyes that... loudly. Also, bless this lady for spending lunch break together with you, unpaid, one might have to note.

The owner announced her arrival last Friday but didn't specify when she'd arrive. Since then, it has been a living hell for your department. Thank your supervisor, who's nitpicking at everything you and your colleagues do. Getting shooed around for no reason when it hinders you from getting actual work done sounds more straining than it first does. Also, who are you putting on a play for?

"Right?! She's not even here yet, so why all the trouble now?!" While you angrily took a bite from your banana and Yukie watched you in amusement by how irritated you chewed your fruit, both of you didn't notice the other person walking into the break room.

"Since you have time for a friendly chat, why not grab a cleaning bottle and a towel to clean the office, huh?" your supervisor hissed from behind you. "And you, Shirofuku-san," he shouted while standing in the door frame, "why are you still here? Your shift ended 30 minutes ago. Grab your lunch and leave." And with that, he turned back to your co-workers.

Oh, if looks could kill... The only thing that made you feel some joy that day was when Yukie was parroting your supervisor when he walked out, shadowboxing in his direction and pretending to smash her glass bottle on his head.

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚

"Fuck this dude! Just lick the bottom of her shoes while you're at it, man!" Yamagata cursed. "You did not go to college to waste your skills on cleaning duties! And then he still expects you to hand in today's workload tomorrow?!" He was pacing restlessly up and down in your shared apartment.