C H A P T E R 51

51 | The Midnight Date

Ama-freaking-zing!

"Your face says you like it." He grinned cheekily.

"This.. Fuck! This is awesome, Harri boy!" I jumped around excitedly, clinging to his arm.

Fairy lights suspended down from the trees, the faint glow casted by them being the only source of light in this open cafe. The place, hidden in the outskirts was sparsely occupied, mostly by couples. The cafe was perfect for a late night date. The area was like a little sparkling spot enveloped by dark fields.

But there was something more interesting. The heart of the place. It had a huge space in the between— the dancing floor, and a band played live music.

"A table for two, please." Harri responded to the waitress who literally pushed back the other one to serve us and if I'm being precise, to serve Harri.

I don't blame her. He's an actor after all. That says a lot about his looks.

"This way, sir." She guided us to the one at the corner, shashaying away back to work.

"Please." Harri puleld out the chair for me before settling down across from me.

"This place is really so cool. You've outdone yourself with my expectations."

"That's such a relief." He held a hand over his chest. "I'm glad you liked it."

He crawled his hand across the table, hitching it with mine while we stared into each other's eyes. I genuinely wanted to feel those flips and turns in my stomach.

I didn't.

I did my best to not let it show on my face. I tried again, harder this time. I reminded myself how I liked his company, how I smiled around him.

This time I did.

It was extremely subtle, but I did feel something.

"I'm sure you must be hungry by now. Let's order something." He flipped through the menu, his one hand still holding mine. "What'd you like, milady?"

"Um... Milady would like anything. Let's see your choice."

"O-M-G! Yet another test?" He feigned horror.

"Uh huh."

"I'm smart. I'm going to play safe and order tonight's special, which is," His eyes swept across the small banner on the table. "Chicken and mushroom pie! Wow!"

Chicken and mushroom pie. Like Rafael and I had in France. Why did it have to be that? I was starting to get annoyed by myself. How was I going to make this work if I kept doing this!

Good thing Harri was busy placing the order or else he'd have noticed that look on my face.

"You know I always wondered why you don't swear. I got to know that today." I said, connecting our hands again, which I don't know how disconnected in the first place.