𝓐𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓪

I was walking to class with Hermione, Ron, and Harry, our casual talk about Quidditch, or chess. I could hear their voices, and I could see their lips moving, but I knew I wasn't listening. My mind was still wrapped around the very confusing dream I had last night. There was no way I would dream about Malfoy, but seeing him like that, in such a vulnerable position, even in the dream, made my heart flutter. 

I didn't know he could be vulnerable. Yes, he was, quite a fool as a child, but as he grew, as he matured, the personality differences became quite vibrant. I could see the changes, and I wasn't trying to, they were just right in my face. 

He was calmer now, and he broke into fewer fights. He still kept his reputation as a ruthless bully, but instead of a smirk on his face, he now kept a gentle smile. A smile was there, but it was meaningless. It had no emotions. No matter how much I tried to read it, I couldn't. 

"Really? I didn't know that." Ron said, with an eyebrow raised, and lips puckered, in a face of realization. 

"Know what?" I asked, not knowing the question. 

"What a psychopath is," Hermione told me. 

Well, that's ironic.

"And why are we talking about psychopaths?"

"Because it's interesting. Did you know psychopaths are diagnosed at age 15? So one of us could be one, without knowing," Ron said, followed by an exaggerated gasp, "maybe I'm one."

"No, Ronald. A psychopath is unable to feel emotion or empathy. I killed a fly last night and you and Harry had an entire funeral." 

"That fly helped me in my hard times!" Ron chimed, huffing and crossing his arms, as the rest of us chuckled. 

"You know who would make a good psychopath?" Harry said. "Arabel." 

I snapped my head in his direction, with my eyebrows raised. "You arse, I officiated that funeral. I was there to wipe both of your tears. Plus, it's not something to joke about. But, Hermione would possibly be an undiagnosed psychopath."

Both, Harry and Ron nodded their heads, agreeing with me.

"There's no way, I'm a wonderful person. I'm kind, nice, and supporting," Hermione said, as I rolled my eyes with a small smile, and continued to walk faster, and ahead of the rest of the group.

As we got closer to the dungeons, we saw a larger crowd of Slytherins, considering that they live there.

We walked into Professor Slughorn's classroom, and I could see many students with their eyes glistening with excitement at today's lesson. Slughorn had told us we would be starting advanced potions, beginning with the strongest love potion, in the history of love potions, amortentia. 

We gathered around the main desk, Slughorn sorting some stuff in the cupboard beside the door, creating a clutter of noise. I and Hermione stood together as Harry and Ron still argued about how Ron got the better weld book last week. They were slapping each other, fighting like ferrets in Crabbe's pants.

"Oh, for Salazar's sake, shut up!" A deep, strong voice speaks. We turn around to see Malfoy, shaking his head. He was slightly rubbing his left forearm, making sure no one would notice. "So fucking loud." He mutters under his breath. 

"I'm sorry Malfoy, is your little death eater session interrupted?" I said, knowing I was going to regret this decision, knowing that it would get me detention, knowing I was incredibly horrible at this moment. 

He lifted his eyes, clearly filled with rage. That smile that was always on his face, was replaced with a serious look, a look that could kill. He walks towards me, close enough for me to see every outline on his face, every frown, every cut, every hair.