Chapter 1: WEI XIAO

Misty mountains, the dreadful and frigid swish of the air, the grey-colored atmosphere with still sounds surrounding it puts in more bitterness to the already lifeless and disgruntled man standing on the terrace looking directly at nonentity. For the past 15 minutes, he had been standing there, focused on whatever invisible thing he was staring at while holding a bottle of Bacardi rum and a katana on the other.

There was a fresh rosy liquid dripping down his face, some already dried, meaning that he had been vigorous since earlier. His ties were already loosened, his long sleeves stained with sin already tangled and filthy. His stares were sharp like he had been possessed by something, no emotions just hatred. No lips dared to open, no muscles dared to move, and only fear was evident, putting on more annoyance to the greedy man whose hand was again ready to swing open and unrestricted.

"Who's next.."

The man uttered, rough and deep. It wasn't a question nor a request, but rather a command. A demand that should be heard, a craving that should be fed. Five men wearing black uniforms, paled color skin, lips shivering and eyes watering, slowly backed away in fear of being executed just like their comrades lying lifeless on the moist floor, decapitated. They stink of their leak, their knees were going weak and their bodies were getting numb by the second as they watch "The Boss" walks closer to where they settled. Death was getting closer and closer as the sharp pitch of the tip of the blade being dragged cries for their remaining moments. It was brutal but an option was given to them before the butchery happened. However, none spoke and so it went on.

He gulped the last remaining bitter fluid off the bottle and threw it away hard enough to shatter. He then wiped his mouth with his dirty hand and grinned at the men awaiting their expirations. Unhurriedly, he squatted in front of the quivering men holding his katana right in front of their icy eyes.

"Who..is..next..?"

Again he whispered, emphasizing each word.

But, silence replied.

He looked at the men one by one and scanned their faces, trying to guess how old each man is as if he is concerned about them. He guessed aged 25 to 28 at first, but then, his eyes were caught by the fifth guy hiding at the back of one of the suited men. He gazed at him for a moment, and then stood up and walked to him. Immediately, he saw fear in the kid's face. If his guess was right, he is around 19, good-looking and delicate. He kneeled next to him and smirked.

"What's your name..?"

No words were able to come out of the younger one's mouth. He was too fearful for his life, for his comrade's life.

"Your name.."

And then suddenly, an arm barricaded the younger one.

"Mr. Wei Xiao, please. Spare my brother. He is young. Please, kill me instead. Please, please.."

The man begged, trembling and bowing repeatedly almost kissing the murderer's foot. But, the other just laughed evilly at the pleading not to care whether all of them die in his hands. He is used to it and he is thirsty for it. In the back of his mind, if they had just spoken out, he would have but they didn't and so, it is blood for blood. He stood up again without a response and walked to the other three also already begging for their lives to be freed but the great Wei Xiao was too exhausted to even listen to their voices. And so without another thought, he swung his blade, and an instant exterminated one, then the next, and on to the next. Blood squirted everywhere, the pungent aroma of it made the younger one vomit in disgust but Wei Xiao continued to laugh as one of the men's heads rolled down in the pool of blood like a ball.

Then he returned his eyes to the brothers.

"You beg for your brother's life, but how about my sister's, hmm? Or, have you forgotten about her already..?"