30. Never be alone (Lizzie)

Chapter written by IamLizziet

*

The announcement Amelia made came as a surprise for some, but not for me and Nantia. We were now taking the lead of our coven and a new era was starting. It felt weird. I never saw myself leading anyone. But it looks like Amelia saw something in me and Nantia and she and the other elders decided that we'd be the right vampires to continue on the position.

After the dinner was finished, Amelia and Lucian both stood up, along the other Elders and she looked at all of us.

"We are now going to leave you guys alone, so you can have a little fun... The bar is open for you" she said with a sly smile. I wasn't sure did she forget that we can't get drunk but well, I knew at least four guys who were more than happy about the amount of free alcohol. As soon as the Elders left the room, Joonas ran behind the bar, slamming his hands on the counter, he looked at all of us.
"Joonas' bar is open!"

The guys started to laugh so it seemed to be like their own inside joke we had no idea, but we decided to just play along.

And after a few drinks I started to realize what Amelia meant by saying "have fun"... There was the serum again. And yes, we were all getting there... There was some danceable song going on and my body started to react to it. Not that my tight dress was made for this kind of fun but I didn't care. Once the current song ended I heard a slower one to start and I looked at Joel's direction who was talking something with Aleksi. No words needed, and Joel focused his eyes on me.

"You wanna dance?" he smiled and I just nodded. He then said something to Aleksi and next he was already making his way to Nantia, so I guess he went to get her to dance too. Joel walked to me and placed his hands on my hips.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" he whispered.

"No, but I know you have been thinking about it" I laughed quietly and wrapped my hands around him.

"Right" the man smirked and we started to move to the music. Soon Nantia and Aleksi were on the floor too, and the rest of the guys also asked their girls to dance. It was a pretty cute view. Rachel and Tommi looked so happy together, Ellie and Olli were in love for sure, Lea and Niko fit together perfectly and Joonas and Mia knew they belonged to each other. Would they be willing to turn their mortals? It would suck, honestly, if only me and Nantia had our soulmates next to us when each one of these girls had found their loved one and they looked happy. I wanted them to be happy. Besides, the guys seemed to really care. Like dating a vampire was something they did on a daily basis... But I could see that these girls had won their hearts. It was meant to be.

"Nantia... Shall we ask them all to the roof with us?" I looked at my friend who was dancing with Aleksi not so far away from us. She caught my eyes and nodded.

Once the slow dance ended, I looked all the girls and guys.

"Girls.. Guys.. Shall we all go to the roof?" Nantia opened her mouth before I could.

"Why?" Rachel asked and laced her fingers together with Tommi. The other were also standing so close with their partner.
"That's why.. Let's go" I took Joel from his hand and we started to walk towards the doors. The others followed us, not saying a word or thinking a thing. And the silence lasted until we were at the roof. The moon was shining so bright and it created just the perfect mood for the news we were going to tell tho the girls.

"So.. What is this about? Waiting for some werewolves to attack now?" Niko laughed and he looked like he really wanted some action to happen. Since taking Kraven down, Niko has been really active with training, just like Olli and Tommi and occasionally Joonas too.

"Okay... So.. As we are the new Elders... We thought that it would be extremely unfair if only we get to have our soulmates next to us..." Nantia started and looked Aleksi with a smile. They were so in love.

"If you girls want. You can turn your mortals too. Of course if that is something they want" I smiled at the girls as I saw how the smiles on their faces had no end.

"Like.. Right now?" Joonas looked at Mia and I wasn't sure if he was a little frightened or just confused, or happy, or a mix of all those different emotions.

"We know it is an extremely difficult decision to make... So please.. Have a talk with your mortals and hopefully you come up with the perfect solution" I said and that loosened the mood a little. We did not want to force them to do it if they didn't want it. But we wanted to give them an opportunity.

"Does it hurt tho.... I mean... Your fangs look kinda sharp.." Joonas, who usually was the joke- guy was now the only one who seemed to worry about the whole thing. That was something new.

Joel looked at Aleksi and they both seemed to think what to say. I knew for me it hurt a bit but it was just a short moment. Joel was just about to open his mouth but someone else was faster.

"It.. hurts a little.. But you pass out before the pain gets too hard... " Olli said and that caused us all to turn our eyes on that curly sandy haired man and Ellie, who looked around like to pretend that they did not exist here.

"Umh.. What? How do you know anything about it?" Aleksi looked at his friend, a little shocked. Olli scratched his head and looked at his loved one.

"Well.. You see... I.. " Ellie tried to find words.

"Needed a snack.. ? Geez.. Well... That girl sure works fast" Nantia laughed. We did not expect that to happen even though we knew Ellie had problems controlling her blood thirst when it came to Olli.

"And you girls made us wait!" Aleksi and Joel said at once. Me and Nantia looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

"Just messing with you" Joel pulled me into hug and kissed my head.

"Anyway... So.... Olli.. Welcome to the family" Nantia laughed and then looked at the others who looked at Olli like he was a ghost.

"You should all go now and have the talk... Talk it through, make the decision that pleases you both. We know you're scared, but at least you have your beloved one standing next to you. If there are any questions, please don't be afraid to consult with us. We will happily help you as much as we can" I almost shooed them to the door. They needed all the time they had to talk.

"What you think... Who will turn?" Joel asked and kept holding me close to him. I looked as the rest of the girls went inside with their mortals and looked at Nantia, Aleksi and Joel.

"Let's see...Some of them have never turned anyone.. The first time is always the hardest" I sighed.

"Was I your first?" Joel looked at me confused.

"Do I look like a first timer?" I poked the man on his side. No, Joel wasn't the first I've turned. But he was the first I cared about and that made it hard. If I had missed the short time window, he'd be gone now and I'd be alone. Even thinking about that made me emotional and I excused myself.

I made rather quick steps towards our room and sat on the bed. I could have lost him... If things would have gone wrong, I'd be alone...

"Liz..?" Joel entered the room. I looked at him and quickly wiped away my tears. I did not want to cry in front of him. I was supposed to be strong..

"What is it, babe.. ?" He sat next to me and lifted my head up from my chin. I tried to avoid eye contact but I couldn't resist those icy eyes.

"It's nothing.." I lied but I knew he could hear my thoughts. He pulled my face closer and connected our lips. The kiss was soft and it calmed me down a little. I don't know what I'd do if he wasn't by my side. During these weeks I have understood the true meaning of soulmate and I knew I needed him here.

"I just... Love you so fucking much... "I whispered when the kiss ended. Joel kept me close and took a deep breath.

"I love you too.. With you I feel more alive than ever before.." he whispered and pushed me on my back on the bed.

A/N: Sorry been a little lazy with this story lately :D But.... Here it is. Tell us what  you think ! 

Song: HIM - Right here in my arms