The Selected

I pass Bea the bag of coins from the brokers which opened at 12.

I get known around here for my big wins of jewellery so the brokers gives me good deals.

It's been a week since I submitted my application and the Selected are being announced today at 4pm- it is currently 2:50pm now.

"Ok Bea if I get selected you are to stay at Lillias house until I come home. Don't let them give you anything- this bag is more than enough and after the first week this bag will seem tiny so give what's left in it to the Jones ok? And a bit more, we'll have enough to share. I'm going to clear my head." I kiss the top of her head before running up the small steps up to the out door area with the best view in the world.

My bow and quiver of arrows lie on the floor and I pick them up, stringing my bow and making sure it's ok for hunting.

I run back downstairs and jump down the ladder, landing on the grass with my boots on.

I am silent as I walk through the woods, silent to my prey. Each breath is silent, each step non-existent.

A few wild turkeys run in-front of me and three arrows are fired in three seconds.

Each of the three unlucky turkeys now have an arrow through their eye killing them quickly and easily.

The other turkeys run away quickly.

I pick up the dead turkeys and clean the blood off my arrows on the moss of a tree.

My fingers work quickly as I pluck each turkey of their feathers and remove the parts we can't eat that the wolves of the area can have- there are at least six new pups that I've counted so when they find this it'll be a nice treat.

I make my way through the woods- glad I have something to bring to Lillias family.

"Hey Bea I'm home!" I shout and Bea runs in looking frantic.

"Camilla you have half an hour to get dressed and be at Lillis! Hurry up!" She shoos me off to my room.

"I put out one of the dresses I got you with my pocket money from helping on the ranch." My eyes tear up a bit as my sister hugs me.

"Oh Bea don't worry yourself with buying me things." I smile down at my sister and thank her before going into my room. There is a light blue dress with a red strip of fabric with white stitching on the front.

I almost laugh, it is like a much fancier version of my day to day dresses.

I bathe quickly before slipping on the dress quickly.

I pin my hair in a half up half down and tie it with a white ribbon.

When I look in the mirror I seem different. I actually look... pretty.

Wearing dresses like this one is not something I tend to do because you can't move in them and you can't defend yourself properly but this one, I have to admit is beautiful.