Call Him Mine

Flora's POV.

The three days in Trinidad go flying by. It was so much fun. Gilbert and I spent a lot of time together and we got to know each other better. We told each other things that we had never told anyone before.

For example: I told Gilbert he was my first kiss.

Gilbert told me that he is a gemini. Although I don't take that much as a secret.

I told Gilbert about my second grade crush, Marie. And so on. We kept each other from boredom. We held each other at night and sometimes the conversation was too good to let sleep take us away from it.

Now we're on our way back to Prince Edward Island and we're almost there.

"I don't want to go back." I whine as I sit myself down on the same bed as I had when we were on our way to Trinidad.

"I don't either." I hear his soft voice. I look out the window and find myself staring at the sea.

"I miss them, you know. The Barrys." I say.

"You think you might want talk to them?" Asks Gilbert.

"Yes, I might." I say. "They deserve to know what really happened that day." I finish as he looks at me surprised.

"Yeah, yeah that's a good idea. And you're ready?"

"Yes." If I tell them what really happened then maybe I'll have a chance to go back to the Barrys. Yes, they did me wrong. They had no right to accuse me of such things that I didn't do. But I also should've explained the mark on my neck and the real story behind it. Maybe the Barrys and I can start over.

"Okay. That's up to you." He says as he walks up to me. "And I know that it's probably a rough subject to talk about, but you can always talk to me about it if you want."

"I know." I stand up from the bed as I wrap my arms around his shoulders. His scent fills my nostrils and I exhale happily at the homey feeling that it brings. My face nuzzles into the crook of his neck and I almost die at his magical hands touching my hair.

"We never made it official." I hear is voice.

"Hmm?" I keep my head down on his shoulder as his hands continue going through my hair.

"You and I. There's something going on, right? I'm not just making things up in my head?"

I look up at him and smile.

"No, I think you're making things up in your head."

"Stop, don't do that." He steps away and I laugh at his little freak out.

"Yeah, I think there's something there too. I feel things when I'm around you that I don't normally feel. Not to mention the times we slept together, but hey, maybe you just wanted to be friends with benefits."

"No! No. That's not what I want."

"So you want to make it official?"

"I do." He says as he gets closer to me. "Do you?"

"Nope."

"You play too much."

"Okay, okay... I do. Yes. I want to make it official." I say honestly. No jokes or riddles are said when I say this sentence. There is nothing I want more but to be called his, and him to be called mine.

"I guess I better get to it then." He sits us down on the bed and takes my hands in his. He looks deep into my eyes and my heart clenches. "Florence Lee Thompson... wait do you want a speech?" He asks making me roll my eyes.

"Just ask the damn question, Gilbert."

"Okay, okay." He fixes his posture on the bed and looks back at me. "Florence Lee Thompson... I should probably be on one knee, right?"

"Gilbert!"

"I'm sorry! I've never done this before and I'm nervous. You're not the one doing it, so give me a moment."

"Do you want me to do it?"

"No. I got this. I'm doing it." He clears his throat, almost like a warm up before a big performance which makes me chuckle. "Florence Lee Thompson... will you be my girlfriend?"

My smile widens as I actually hear the words coming out of his mouth. I watch as he waits for an answer, worried even though he knows that I'll say yes.

"Say something, I'm freaking out."

"Yes."

He smiles and pulls me to him. Our lips meet and he pulls my body down on the bed. My laughter fills the room as I feel his fingers tickle my sides.

"Gilbert, Stop! I can't breathe!" I laugh out.

Gilbert's POV.

Her laughter is angelic and I can never get tired of it.

"I can't breathe!" She shrieks. Her hands find mine and she pulls them away from her sides. "You're gonna kill me like that."

"Oh, you're just being dramatic."

"Shut up." She pushes me down beside her before she stands up and strolls towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"It's 6 PM. That means it's Alejandro's shift... and that means free food."

"Clever."

"I know." She unlocks the door and as she starts walking out I yell out her name and her head pops back into view from behind the doorway. "What?"

"Don't go all dipso like you did last time you went to the bar." I tell her warningly.

"Yeah, don't worry. After what happened, I'm never drinking again." She leaves the room and closes the door behind her. I lay in her bed as I can still feel the left side of the bed still warm from where she was laying. I can't believe I'm actually hers. And she's mine.