|𝙰𝟷, 𝚂𝟼|

✰✰✰|𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴, 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 𝚂𝙸𝚇|✰✰✰

|24 hours earlier|

A helicopter. Thats where Scarlett Ashford was right now. A fucking helicolter. Trapped between the metal doors, in the middle of the row next to Nick Fury and Agent Maria Hill. It was safe to say that Agent Ashford wasn't having a very good time.

The three individuals had been called in by the request of Erik Selvig, the astrophysicist who was working on the tesseract for S.H.E.I.L.D. Another thing that she wasn't happy with but no one would listen to her, despite the fact that one of the reasons she was hired by S.H.E.I.L.D was because of her studying astrophysics for a little while. But all that went out of the window when someone like Dr. Selvig was working for them.

The three walked a short way away from the helicopter and met with Agent Phil Coulson in the middle as he welcomed them all the the S.H.E.I.L.D science base.

"How bad is it?" Fury asked the male Agent.

"That's the problem, sir." He replied, "we don't know."

The four made their way inside and to the elevator which had a special aided access card needed to use it. They climbed into the shaft and stood as they waited for it to reach the bottom floor.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the tesseract four hours ago." Coulson said as the walked to the laboratory.

"NASA didn't authorise Selvig to go into the testing phases." Fury said.

"He wasn't testing it," the male Agent said, "he wasn't even in the room." "Spontaneous event."

"It just turned itself on?" Agent Hill asked before Scarlett could.

"Where are the energy levels now?" Scarlett asked, wanting to know what was happening since she had never heard of anything like this taking place before.

"Climbing." He said, "when Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac."

"How long to get everyone out?"

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour." Coulson told Fury.

"Do better." Was his reply.

Splitting off from Coulson, who went back the way they came to help with the evac, the other three made their way down the stairs to the floor underneath the one they were currently standing on.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile." Hill said as they walked down the stairs.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Fury asked rhetorically.

"If we can't control the tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance." Scarlett said, having the same concerns as Maria.

Completely ignoring both the women he started telling them what to do. "Hill I need you to make sure that those Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out."

Not understanding his logic she began questioning him, "sir, is that really a priority right now?"

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on and on." "And clear out the tech below while your at it," Fury told her, "Ashford, your with me, let's go."