Prologue: Saying goodbye

Sure... there were moments when the human considered something like this happening, they were sure someone else had even mentioned it to them at one point. Although... Quinn had never expected it to actually happen. It was like a nightmare, you knew it wouldn't happen, but sometimes... it could.

They hadn't even been with him when they learned about what was about to happen, the kid had simply been relaxing in their room, trying to make something. Everything went down hill after there was a sudden text, telling them to go where the human and the Cybertronian had first met.

The worried Quinn had immediately grabbed a jacket and rushed out of the house, running as fast as they could to the area. Despite the human having multiple scenarios going through their head, mostly nice ones, Quinn couldn't hide the fact that they already had a feeling on what was about to happen.

"Switch!"

The Mech had been busy talking with a few other Cybertronians at the moment, most of them being much taller than him, in front of a large ship. His ship. 'The Revival' as their friend tended to call it. The ship was quite easy to spot most of the time, not just because it was so large, but because it was so colorful as well.

There were so many good memories on that ship with Switch. Despite the protests from the others, Switch had allowed the excited little human to enter his ship and take them on little missions from time to time. Though neither of them knew why anyone was so worried, Quinn was always protected, as they were almost always in his cockpit.

The Cybertronian mech had only realized that his human buddy had finally arrived when another mech, who looked a little bored, turned him around. "Quinn..." Switch hummed, bending down and carefully picking the little human up, and setting them down on his servo.

Quinn frowned as they looked around for a moment and away from Switch, who was smiling, but... it seemed a little off. The human turned to look at the other Cybertronians, as there seemed to be around four. They all whispered something to each other before entering the ship.

"Switch... you... you're leaving...?" Quinn whispered.

The Mech nodded. "...Yes, I am, there's... so much that I want to go do. But you shouldn't be sad about this, Quinn. Because you want to know what neither of us will do?" Switch hummed, his wings fluttering for just a moment.

"Abandon anyone or each other." The Cybertronian and the Human responded in unison.

"I'm not abandoning anything or anyone here, Quinn. And I know you wouldn't do that either, we both know why..." Quinn looked up at the Mech with watery eyes as they nodded. Switch wiped the newly formed tears away with a digit, before setting his human friend back down on the ground.

He... admittedly wasn't the best at comforting others, Quinn was probably the better one out of the two with doing something like this. Though still, the mech didn't want this to be too sad. Switch wasn't going to leave them forever. He was going to come back. That was a promise.

The best way that Switch could see this being like was a family member going on a trip for a while. Somewhere far away. Even with that being the case... He'd come back to earth, Switch would come back to see his friend. The Mech just couldn't stay there forever. They'll be fine without me for a while, right? Quinn has the rest of their family...

Switch bent down and gently pat the humans head for a moment, and although Quinn seemed annoyed by that, they couldn't help but smile just a little bit. Just as he opened his mouth to say something else, one of the other Mechs from earlier had gotten out, and was now dragging Switch back into the ship.

Once fully inside, the mech let go of Switch, and disappeared into another area of the ship. Switch sighed and crossed his arms, before going back to the entrance of the ship for just a moment, and looking back at his human friend. "Quinn!" Switch shouted. "One more thing."

Quinn backed up a bit as the ship was starting to go up into the air, which must have been what one of the other Mechs was doing. Unless Switch could do that from where he was standing, which the human doubted. He had never done something like that before, why start now? "What is it?"

The Cybertronian backed up into the ship further as the door was beginning to close now. "I think you'll know when I finally come back, Q." He grinned. "And when I do finally come back, let's meet up here! Got it?"

The only response he got from the human was a very quick thumbs up as they wiped their eyes, feeling something in the corners of them. While there was something that the human wanted to say, they just... weren't sure how to exactly say it. Maybe if... when he came back, Quinn could tell him.

Quinn watched in silence as the door to the ship closed completely, not being able to see Switch anymore, and it began to leave earth. The humans little attempt to stop the tears didn't work, and now they were falling down their face freely as Quinn watched Switch disappear. Why...?