I'm Right Here (9th)

Coward?

Coward?

Or

Killer?

He never knew at first when he was asked that question. He had killed his whole planet, watching it burn to ash as children screamed an mothers wept.

How could he ever answer that question when he was also a coward?

He ran from his planet when it was thriving and he ran from it when it was burning.

Who was he to answer that question?

He was a broken man with no home and no answer.

———

He gasped awake, his body covered with sweat as tears streamed down his face. Another dream of Gallifrey weighing on his mind, sitting up he moved his legs over the side of the bed.

Placing his hands on his head he took a deep breath trying to calm himself down. 

He jumped though when a hand was placed on his back, "Hey, it's okay. You're fine. I'm right here." Her soothing voice immediately calmed him down as he leaned back against her.

"What time did you get to bed?" She asked him as he settled himself back onto the bed. Laying his head on her chest, he hummed as his fingers ran along her stomach. "A little bit after you. You know I can't do anything without you. I get bored." He muttered causing her to smile.

She loved that about him, she knew he would never leave her behind. After coming aboard four years ago, she had changed him a lot. At first in this regeneration he would just travel to places that have been extremely effected. Places that were permanently placed in time, like JFK assassination or the Titanic.

Places that reminded him of what he had done.

Places that would punish him.

That is until he ran into her, he was wondering about in the year 2001 a month before 9/11 when he bumped into her on the street.

She wasn't anyone important, in fact she was to be interviewed for one of the towers just minutes before. Only he made her late, he didn't mean too but when he saw her it was like everything finally stopped. He was at peace with her an so he took her away, he saved her from her tragic death that would end her life at the age of 24.

Now she was 28 and happier than she could ever be. Of course before he got attached he made sure she wasn't going to change anything but it was almost like he was meant to save her.

Because as he was checking back, he noticed an article on her. She was in the list of missing but she was said to be late. So they didn't know for sure if she was ever actually in the towers at the time.

"Tomorrow is going to be busy." She muttered, taking him out of his thoughts as he nodded. "Yes, but I'll be back in no time. You know I would take you but with the little one on the way. I'm not risking it." He spoke against her stomach causing her to smile gently down at him.

She loved him so much, he saved her life more times than she could count. And now after two and a half years of dating she was pregnant. Although they weren't sure they were ready seeming he was an alien and she wasn't they weren't going to abandon each other.

Tomorrow he would be dealing with the nestene consciousness, and even if it was still early he didn't want her to come along.

"Yes yes. I know. Just be safe. I want you back in one piece this baby needs her father." She laughed as he looked up at her with a raised eyebrow. "She?" He questioned with a scoff before placing his head back down an closing his eyes.

"It's going to be a boy. I just know it. I love you." She smiled back down at him and shook her head before closing her eyes too. "Girl. I love you too."

Even though he was able to answer the question now, he knew eventually he would be able too. Especially since he had her by his side, and now his child on the way.

—————————

705 Words