𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

Maybe he was wrong.

Gabriel was smart enough to admit that what he had in mind wasn't working at all. In opposite, that day was a total catastrophe and the fact that Alex kept being very passive-aggressive didn't make him feel any better.

Maybe he deserved that but he was tired of the never-ending reminders of how badly he dealt with the situation after only a couple of hours. Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have invited Leo and ignored his boyfriend's wishes but now Alex behaved like a child.

It was fine, kind of, after they agreed that Leo could stay. It was just as awkward as he has predicted but at least no one was fighting. At least, too badly. And after about an hour or so, his wish had come true when Alex and Leo started to talk and actually got to know each other a little bit.

Too bad that when he wasn't being rude to him, Alex was pretty much ignoring him and only paid attention to Leo. After a while, he started to realize that he was doing exactly what he had asked for but only in that very passive-aggressive way. He could almost hear him saying this was what you asked for, right? Then don't complain.

Leo was also acting fine but he left after an hour in a hurry. Maybe he could also feel the tension and see that they were fighting and his being there was the main reason. Admittedly, it was starting to get a little awkward and even uncomfortable when they had run out of things to do.

With his ex in the room, there just weren't many things to talk about and Gabriel realized it too late. Now he was only wondering what he was expecting to happen? Of course, Leo and Alex didn't have much in common! They did what he wanted and got to know each other but it was clear that both of them were doing it for Gabriel.

As for what was happening now, they were still watching television even after Leo was gone. No one had spoken a word after that and the silence between the two of them was slowly killing Gabriel. It should have been so easy to just apologize and make the day better.

But with the way Alex was staring at the television with a full focus so that he wouldn't accidentally watch or even touch him... that was the scary part. That was what made him worry that if he now opened his mouth, they would start to argue and Alex would be back in the airplane much sooner than he planned.

He was a coward, he knew that. It was all his fault, he had made their first day like this while Alex just wanted to have fun all alone without other people there. Instead of thanking him for such a surprise, he had forced him to be with his ex.

Oh god, what was he even thinking? The more he thought about it, the worse idea it was. He should have just listened to Alex, spent a day with him and for once do the cliche dating things such as going on a date, talk, kiss and have marvelous sex.

But he hadn't listened and now they were stuck in this situation where they were pretending that the other one wasn't even there.

Because he couldn't stand it even a second longer, he took a deep breath and finally apologized. "I'm sorry, okay? You were right and I was wrong. We should have just forgotten Leo and spent a day together. I already miss you when I know you'll be gone soon again and I don't want to waste the time on fighting."

The only reaction he got was a quick glance at him before going back to staring at the television. He was really invested in the series he couldn't understand a word of, huh?

"I know you didn't want to be with Leo and I forced you to do it. I get that you probably hate him and it was a... shitty thing to do as you would say. I guess I just..." Gabriel started to explain again but was interrupted by Alex.

"It's not that I don't want to ever be in the same room with him. But just think about it from my perspective. You two have a long history and considering everything you have told me, the last year of your marriage was like hell. I have come around and understood that you want to put it in the past and I admire you for that. I couldn't do that but that's because you're much better person than me.