4. The note

You wake up feeling extremely tired. Last night you had a nightmare about Kaeya dying in your arms while Diluc kissed you. Seeing the pain in his eyes made you feel super guilty. You force yourself out of bed knowing that Albedo probably needs your support. You get dressed and walk to your kitchen to make something to eat before heading out. Maybe you should make Albedo's favorite, sunshine sprat. Then you can take it to Albedo. Before you were able to to start cooking you notice a note. You grab it and read it,

"I love you, my dear y/n"

It must've been Kaeya who left that. You start to feel sick. Kaeya was the best thing that ever happened to you. He cared so much about you and you've never loved anyone this much. You sigh and leave your house to head to Dragonspine. Cooking isn't gonna be easy after seeing that note, so it's best to just leave for now. Hopefully spending some time with Albedo will clear your head.
"Albedo?" You say as you arrive at his lab. He's so focused that he didn't hear you. You get closer to him. He's writing down a bunch of stuff while looking at a potion he's holding. Because he didn't notice you you've decided to just sit in silence and watch him. "...Y/n..." Albedo sighs, "One day you'll b-". You interrupt him "Yes?". He turns around in a shock, looking at you with wide eyes. "How long have you been here?" "About 15 minutes". He puts down his work and sits down next to you. "How are you doing.. now that Kaeya is gone". You look down and take a deep breath. "Albedo, I did something stupid last night..". He looks at you with a confused look on his face, waiting for you to elaborate. You explain what happened with Diluc. "I feel so guilty..". 
He looks at you with an expression you're unable to read. "It's nothing to feel guilty about. Humans simply react in such ways when feeling emotionally unstable". "I see..". Albedo tends to react like this whenever you try to talk about your feelings. Instead of comforting you he just starts talking about "how strange humans are". It honestly pisses you off. Why right now, why in this situation. You've always been able to control how much it affects you, but it just feels so painful this time. You lost the most important person in your life and he responds like this. The one time you could really use his support he chooses to act like this. 

Albedo had already gotten back to his research and left you sitting there. Without thinking you stand up to leave. "Leaving already?", Albedo turned his head towards you. "I'd rather sit alone and cry all day than spend another second with you". Albedo looks shocked and confused and puts down his research. The way you responded honestly shocked you a bit yourself. You've never reacted this way before, but today is just... different. Albedo opens his mouth to say something but then closes it again. You walk away angrily and go back home. 
Once home you grab the note Kaeya left you and just stare at it. Normally his handwriting is really messy, but on this note it looks so pretty. It's like he put a lot of love into it. You smile softly and grab your diary to put the note in there. You read back to the pages of when you first met Kaeya. You remember this one time he found it and you allowed him to read it, he wrote sweet things at the pages in which you wrote about him. Kaeya really was the perfect man. Without realizing tears had already been rolling down your face. You sigh and put it away. "Maybe I should put all his stuff in a box", you quietly say to yourself. His stuff was all over the place and it hurt to look at it. So while still crying you grabbed a box from your bedroom and started putting his stuff in it. Once you were done you slide the box under your bed, just in case you have a nightmare or something you can just grab some of his stuff to calm down without leaving bed. 
The house felt so empty now he wasn't here anymore. You've only been living together for about 2 weeks, but he used to always come by your house to spend time with you before you were together. All those times he'd hold you because you were tired, the endless hugs when you've had a rough day, the sweet words he'd whisper into your ear. He truely was amazing.
Mondstadt seems less fun without him, but you still have your friends. Though Diluc and you are going to have a serious talk about what happened last night, and Albedo and you need to make up, you still have Jean and Klee. You had a hard time making friends and appreciated the company the ones you had. 

When you first arrived to Mondstadt you had lost your memmory. You didn't know where you came from or where you were. Kaeya found you and took you to Jean. She gave you a job and Diluc let you stay with him at Dawn Winery for the time being. Albedo was interested in testing on you and sometimes Klee would visit. Klee made you feel a lot more at home in Mondstadt, she always wanted to go fish blasting with you and forced you to hang out with other people. Sometimes you go on adventures with Amber, but those are more work related. Amber and you were never really friends, but you got along well. Albedo started to mind you less over time and Kaeya made sure to check up on you everyday. Diluc and you were friends, but most of the time you just sat in silence. Not that it was a bad thing. Sometimes you just want some silence, yet also someone with you. So you'd go to him and talk a bit and eventually just sit next to each other in silence. It's really comforting to just enjoy each others company without doing anything. Though when you and Kaeya got together, Diluc started distancing himself a bit from you. You assumed it's because of what happened between them, as Kaeya had already told you.
Kaeya trusted you with information he never trusted anyone else with, well besides Diluc. As you got closer to both of them you realized they just pretend to hate each other. It hurts them both that they lost their brother. But seeing Diluc like this now, pains you. He seems so empty, like his whole world came crashing down. You felt bad for him.

Maybe it's smart to just talk to him now, instead of hiding from what happened last night. Jean always says "if you keep hiding, it'll get more scary over time". She used that whenever you were scared to talk to someone, or had to deal with things that involved social interactions. 
You leave your house once again and head over to Dawn Winery. You knew Diluc didn't work on Tuesdays, so he'd most likely be in his office at home stressing over everything. You enter and walk straight towards his office. As imagined, he was sitting in front of his desk, face resting in his hands, eyes closed, with a worried look on his face. You soflty knock at the doorframe to get his attention. "Ah, y/n..". You walk over to him and sit on his desk. He stands up and closes his office door. "We should tlak about what happened last night, Diluc". Diluc sighs and walks over to you, leaning onto his desk next to where you were witting. "We really do, huh?". You nod and look at him. "We were both feeling bad, things just got out of hand. We can't act like nothing happened, though we can move on from this", you say while playing a bit with your hair.
"I can't help but feel guilty", Diluc says while turning his head to look at you. He grabs your hand and pulls it away from your hair, "You always end up ripping your hair out". You give him a soft smile, "I feel guilty as well, like I cheated on him". Diluc looks down and then back up into your eyes. "A little after you arrived here and I took you in for a bit, I started to feel really comfortable around you. I didn't understand it at first, but when you got with Kaeya I understood. I distanced myself from you as I could not see you two together". "What do you mean?".
Diluc gives you a soft smile, "I've always had feelings for you, y/n"..