23 | あなただけ [M]

TAEHYUNG STEPPED INSIDE THE cabin and hung his Stetson and his coat on the hook by the door. He glanced around but only saw the dying embers of the fire. Everyone else must have gone to bed already.

His groin tightened. Would he find Jennie in bed with his brothers? He knew Jungkook and Jimin had both fucked her separately, and the truth of the matter was, he looked forward to doing the same.

He walked quietly down the hall and frowned when he saw his door closed. None of them ever slept with a closed door. He tried the knob and found it locked. What the hell? Locked out of his own bedroom?

He spun around and walked a door down to Jungkook’s room to see if he was there. The door was ajar. He nudged it further open and peered inside. Jungkook was asleep amidst rumpled sheets. Alone.

He walked over and shook his shoulder. He came awake instantly.

“What the hell time is it?” Jungkook demanded in a groggy voice.

“Three A.M.”

He sat up and rubbed his eyes. “Where the fuck you been?”

“Helping soo-young find the Turner boy. Where’s Jennie?”

“In your room,” he replied.

“Why’s the door locked?”

Jungkook reached over and flipped on the lamp beside the bed. He pinned Taehyung with a disgusted stare. “She’s hurting, Tae.”

Taehyung heart lurched. He didn’t like to think of Jennie hurting. She’d been upset before he left, but he’d hoped  Jungkook and Jimin would have soothed any worries she had.

“Why didn’t you and Jimin solve the problem?” he demanded.

“You’re hurting her, Tae. Not us.”

“Me? What the fuck did I do?”

Taehyung felt his anger rising. He wasn’t into playing stupid mind games, and Jungkook was fast pissing him off.

Jungkook sighed and slid his legs over the side of the bed. “Look, Tae, she’s having a rough time, and you running off at soo-young’s calling isn’t helping matters. She’s insecure and who can blame her with what that fuckhead of a husband did to her?”

“She’s upset because I went to help soo-young?”

“Maybe if you had explained the nature of your relationship with soo-young, Jennie wouldn’t feel as she does, but she knows something is between you two, and she knows soo-young doesn’t like her one bit. Soo-young acted like a jealous bitch at every turn. Much like a woman scorned. Jennie isn’t stupid, Taehyung. Neither am I. Something went on between you two.”

The muscles in Taehyung face twitched, and he pressed his lips together. “What did or didn’t happen between us isn’t any of your business.”

“That’s where you’re wrong,” Jungkook said evenly.

“Dead wrong. It is very much my business. I love Jennie. And I think you do too, Tae. I think Jimin probably does as well although he may have a hell of a time admitting it to himself. Anything you do that hurts Jennie is my business. She’s as much mine as she is yours and Jimin’s. If this relationship is going to work, you’re going to have to pull your head out of your ass.”

Taehyung blew out his breath in one long sigh. “Christ. Nothing happened between me and soo-young tonight, Jungkook. I wouldn’t do that to Jennie.”

“I know,” he said quietly. “But she doesn’t know that. Not yet. We haven’t earned her trust. She’s not going to offer that lightly after what she’s gone through.”