29 | 事故

"BUT HOW?"

He smiled at her. "You're over thinking this, baby. It's quite simple. You'll marry one of us in a legal ceremony."

Her mouth rounded to an O. How stupid of her. That idea had never occurred to her and yet it made perfect sense.

"Hell, I like the idea that she's finally talking about us in a permanent sense," Jungkook said.

She glanced back at him to see his eyes twinkling. Truth be known, she'd surprised herself. Was she a masochist to jump into another relationship on the heels of extricating herself from her first big disaster?

This wasn't a mistake. Couldn't be a mistake. She wouldn't allow herself to think it.

Taehyung pulled out of the parking lot and drove off down the street. A few minutes later, he pulled into the lot of a sleek-looking hair salon.

Jennie looked over at him in surprise.

He smiled back. "I asked for recommendations. This place came up several times."

She leaned over and kissed him full on the lips then quickly piled out of the Land Rover.

"Hey, it was my idea to ask," Jungkook grumbled as he slammed the back door.

Jennie grinned and gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek. She walked ahead of them into the salon and was greeted by a cheerful lady who looked to be in her forties.

"I don't have an appointment," Jennie began.
"What's your name, honey?" the woman asked.

"Jennie kim...just Jennie," she said.

The woman jotted down something on a pad of paper then beamed up at Jennie. "Well, you're in luck, Jennie. I can take you right now. My name's mira. Come on around and let me get you settled in. Then we'll talk about what you need done, though I can tell you definitely need some color."

Jennie blinked as the woman herded her around the counter, chattering brightly the entire way. She glanced back at the men who had taken seats in the small waiting area. Taehyung smiled back at her then winked.

Mira whipped a cape out and secured it around Jennie 's neck then ran her fingers through Jennie's shoulder length hair. "Honey, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you need to fire your stylist. This is one of the worst dye jobs I've ever laid eyes on."

Jennie smiled. "I'm afraid I did it. I was in a hurry. Messed it up. Can you fix it?"

"Do you want to go blonde?"

"No, I'd like my natural color back."

Mira studied the strands of hair in her hands for a minute. "Sure, I can fix it, honey. Don't you worry about a thing. Come over to the sink and let me wash it for you."

Several minutes later, Jennie sat back in the chair, her hair damp from the washing. Mira began combing her hair out and Jennie relaxed.

Mira leaned forward and in a loud whisper said, "Now, honey, I'm not one to pry, but you have to tell me which one of those gorgeous hunks is yours."