Part #2: She's In The Rain

"What if the rain never stops?" she asked. I'm stunned. "That's my wish. Is it possible?" she continued. I still did not get what she was up to.

Her hot chocolate has been totally cold but she has not even touched it. She was in her own world which I could not reach anyhow. I grabbed her hand while she was off guard. She flinched a bit as she was surprised.

"Should we go home now? You seem exhausted." I shut down my pc and was about to pack all my things. She stopped me.

"It's still raining outside. Let's stay here a little while." Her eyes spoke louder than her words. And it hurt me even more.

I kept packing all my things. Put them inside my backpack and placed them in an empty chair beside me.

"I've got new jokes. Wanna hear some?" I forced a fake smile but I guessed it was awful.

She laughed unpredictably. We both laughed. I had no idea what she was laughing about, but it felt good to see her laugh like this after a long while. She finally grabbed her no-longer-hot chocolate, took a sip with her eyes closed.

"I didn't think it would still taste this good. Seriously. Can I have one more cup, please? We can stay here a little longer until the rain stops." Her smile seemed so real that I could hardly ignore it.

She ordered two more cups since I had finished mine earlier. I did not know what to do nor what to say. I had a lot in my head but I was not sure whether it was better to say it or not. She was still staring at the rain. Since I was no longer busy with my work, she laid her head on my shoulder. She closed her eyes and began to cry. I held her hand to comfort her while trying my best to hold back my own tears. I failed. I hoped she did not notice.

"I really hope the rain never stops."

"So we can stay here forever?" I blurted out.

She pinched me in the arm but said nothing. I held her hand a bit tighter. I knew she would not say much. She only needed me to be around. She needed someone to be by her side while she was trying her best to fix her broken pieces.

Little did she know that I was so hurt to see her cry. She had no idea that she was not the only one dancing in the rain.

NP: She's In The Rain by The Rose