Chapter 3: Fire on board

The next day. It was cloudy and cold.

The streets were busy and so was the only guild on the island.

"So. Kuto. I heard there's a unique way of becoming a leader in the guild. Mind telling me if you know?" Shiase asked.

Kuto, a thin lanky man with a checked black and white shirt with checkered pants and shoes with the same colors to match. He also had black and white earrings and blank eyes. "Well since our guild works more like some kinda organization... The main guild controls every other guild here."

"Hm? I'm not following." Shiase said.

"Let's put it like this. It's like brackets. At the top of the brackets is the guild master and his special guards. And then underneath that are hitman teams. And under those are other guilds that do everyday guild things like taking requests. One things the same however and that the fact they all share the same name and are under the same master. In each of those little guilds is a 'Leader' rather than a master. If one of those leaders were killed then the killer becomes the leader. Kill the king and take his crown basically. You follow?" He asked

Shiase had a dumb look on his face but then grinned. "So if I were to kill the master would that-" "Yes. You'd rule this whole island and be rich as hell." Kuto said plainly.

The two then looked out at the boats leaving and arriving and noticed two people. "The hell? I thought-" Shiase groaned and jumped the rails and landed on the sand below.

"That idiot! He's gonna get himself killed!" Kuto followed after him.
...
...
...
Levy and Gajeel got onto the boat and waited. "We'll inform everyone at the guild about what transpired yesterday right?" Levy asked. "Yeah. This place is different..."

Kuto hopped on and was leaning far back with his hands in his pockets. "So where you headed? I'm your captain today."

"Fiore." Gajeel responded.

"Can do. There may be a delay however so excuse me." Kuto lied through his teeth.

Sechi then arrived on the docks and looked at a board with the names of the arriving ships and leaving ships with the names of those leaving and coming. "Only one boat leaving today? Must be those guys from yesterday. I guess I'll see them off-"

Kuto and Sechi made eye contact from far away. The two stared at each other without breaking contact for a second.

"This guy... Kuto Yutay. 1999's guy." Sechi thought.

"Why is this dude staring at me!? Shit." He screamed in his head.

"WHATS TAKING SO LONG?" Gajeel asked.

Kuto turned around and gritted his teeth. "These two are fairy tail members! I have to kill them!" He thought.

"I'll also be headed where they are going." Sechi said as he walked onto the boat.

"Huh!?" They all collectively gasped. "What's the surprise about? I'm not famous. Now start boating. I'm not paying until you do." Sechi said in an aggressive tone. "NOW GO!" Sechi yelled at him.

Kuto nodded rapidly and began to set sail. "Screw this noise. I'll just kill all three of them." He thought. "So how's the island?" He asked innocently.

Levy hesitated a bit. "It's alright, it's really beautiful. The people here are really nice as well." Of course that was a lie.

Sechi sat down and closed his eyes. "I hate the sea. I feel sick..." He rolled over onto his stomach and just stayed there.

Gajeel chuckled a bit as he was reminded of a certain someone else. "He ain't gonna make it-" He was slapped on his back by his partner and then everything went quiet.