2

Christmas eve...

Harry had spent the past few hours driving from his home in London to his Mum's home in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire.

He hated driving long distances, especially when he was tired and anxious. Which is exactly how he's feeling right now.

Now he sat in his car in the driveway, trying to get the motivation to get out.

It started snowing when he was two miles away, not much, just a light dusting so far. But the weather forecast wasn't looking great.

He sighed and opened his door. He got out and went to the boot of his car. He pulled out his bags and slammed the door shut.

The front door opened. "Harry. My love." Anne said, slipping slightly on the thin layer of snow as she made her way to her son. They hugged and she took one of his bags.

"Come in. Come in. It's freezing out here. How was the journey? You ok?"

He nodded as she closed the front door once they entered her house.

He placed his other bags on the floor in the hall and followed her into the living room.

"Let me look at you." She said, grabbing him by his shoulders and staring into his tired eyes. She frowned.

"You look so tired, my baby. Are you looking after yourself properly?"

He nodded gently. He was good at lying.

"Come sit down." They sat next to each other on the sofa and Harry took a look around the room.

A log fire burned, warming the room, making it so cosy. There was a real tree in one corner, decorated in all gold. A golden angel graced the top. Lights twinkling softly. Christmas cards were everywhere. Anne was a very popular lady. A pile of presents lay half hidden under the tree.

Anne took Harry's hands in hers, making him look at her.

"Tell me how you are." She said quietly.

Harry looked at their hands and sighed again.

"I'm fine Mum. Just tired. Been a long few months." That was true. Three months of touring was exhausting. Plus there was all the rehearsals and photo shoots ecetera. "Just need to catch up on some sleep."

She nodded and stroked his hands. "You can always talk to me if anything is worrying you."

"I know. I'm fine. Honestly."

Lie.

Today was Louis' 30th birthday. He wished he was spending the day with him, no offence to his Mum. Past birthdays together were always so good. He wondered what Louis was doing today. Probably spending the day with his own family. Not thinking about Harry, that's for sure.

"Don't cry love." Anne said, waking Harry from his thoughts.

"What?" His hand went to his cheek and felt wetness. He didn't know he was crying. "I...I.."

"You're thinking of him aren't you?" Anne's thumb wiped his cheek. "That's why you're sad."

"I...I'm not...just tired."

"Baby. I know you too well. I know you're thinking of him."

The tears fell faster from his red puffy eyes and he rested his head against Anne's shoulder, letting the tears soak her.

🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️

It was 6.30 and they were sat at the kitchen table eating a delicious beef stew Anne made with some help from Harry. They'd always enjoyed cooking together.

"Is Gem coming?" He asked.

"Boxing day. They're going to Michael's family first. She can't wait to see you again."

"Oh ok. He's coming too?"

"Of course. That's ok isn't it?"

He nodded. He liked Michael, Gemma's boyfriend, its just he'd rather have just his Mum  and Sister. Especially with his anxiety hitting the roof right now.

"Guess so." He put his fork down, his food half eaten. "I'm going to bed."

"Already? It's still early. Thought we could play scrabble or something."

"Sorry. I'm exhausted. Maybe tomorrow?" He got up from his seat, Anne doing likewise. "Love you."

They hugged. "Love you too. Sleep well." She kissed his cheeks and he went to his old bedroom.

It still looked the same as it did when he was last here a year ago. He got undressed quickly and fell into bed. His exhaustion finally overcoming him.

Downstairs, Anne was worried. She sent Gemma a text telling her about how sad Harry seemed. Gemma was still good friends with Louis' sister, Lottie, and she hoped maybe she might tell Lottie about Harry's sadness. She could only hope.

🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️🆔️

Thoughts on the chapter?

Who is sad  Harry's US tour is over? I am. Even though I'm in the UK. Just praying we get dates soon.

I love him so much.

Anyway...hope you're all OK. All the love. L. Xx

💕💕💕