Chapter one

13 years later 

Izuku Midoriya

"You wanted to talk to me Sensei?" 

"Yes problem child, as you know we have various collaborations with other academies around Japan but this year Nezu has been talking with a few academies from America and they have managed to set up a program, A few students from each year of UA will be sent to these American academics and they will stay there and learn and train as a field experience. All transport will be funded and living space will be provided as the dorms are only for first years."

My spine straightened and I resisted the urge to try and groom my messy hair. 

"Alright Sensei but why are you telling me this?"

Aizawa-sensei gave me a look and I shrank slightly.

"I have recommended you for the program, your quirk is strong and you have a wide understanding of what I teach I believe you can handle this."

"Are you sure Sensei? I mean there are plenty of students with higher test scores than me and more able quirks and i-"

"Shut up problem child, Your ability to control your quirk is your weakness and I know in America they have a wider range of quirks that could be a help to you as for your test scores that is not the purpose although it certainly helps, you have a wide understanding of other things than standard by the books teaching this is why I have recommended you."

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly from the praise and I felt a surge of appreciation for the teacher who had always challenged us.

"That is all Midoriya I have spoken to your mother and now I believe all might also wish to talk to you."

As I turned to go a thought struck me,

"Sensei? if you don't mind I know someone who you could also recommend for the programme,"

"The programme is only for a specific number of students I cannot play favourites,"

"I know! I know! It's just I think they could really do good in America."

I took the nod of his head for approval to continue and blurted out,

"Kaminari Denki!"

He stared at me and pinched the bridge of his nose in exhaustion,

"Midoriya when I said the test scores didn't matter I hope you know I was exaggerating, there is a certain bar you need to be at to be recommended, you need to have at least a B+ on average by the end of the year."

"I understand sensei but I could tutor him! you said we have until the end of the school year so the programme obviously starts at the beginning of our second year and that means we have 8 months to get his average up!"

"Go ahead problem child we'll see at the end of the year."

I took this to mean the end of the conversation and quickly left. I have no idea why I just did that it just popped in my head Kaminari had asked to spar with me yesterday and he was brilliant he could do great things with more experience! Anyway, I'm not even sure I will take up the offer, that would mean ending my training with All might for a year I'm pretty sure that would feel worse than a breakup. I ended up outside Kaminari's dorm room, this is not my best idea. The door swung open before I could knock and Kaminari ran into me.

"CRAP SORRY MIDO DIDN'T SEE YOU, QUICK!"

He grabbed my arm and dragged me down the corridor without explanation and then we dived behind the wall. Seconds later the Bakusquad came running around the corner straight past the duo. Bakugo was at the lead a lipstick kiss smeared on his cheek and the others were following, Mina was laughing and recording, Sero was trying to restrain Bakugo and Kirishima was trailing behind howling with laughter. I looked to Kaminari and he had a goofy grin on his face, it was actually really cute. That's a normal thing to say about friends, right? of course it is I hear Ashido-san call Ururaka-san cute all the time. 

"So what did you need?"

He was now looking at me with his head on his knees a curious look in his eye. Right, I was outside his door about the tutoring!

" I want to help you with work, there's this thing coming up at the end of the year and some students are going to different academies in America and Aizawa sensei told me he recommended me for the programme and I told him he should recommend you as well and the bar is a b+ average by the end of the year and the programme lasts a year and I want to help you and-"

"Pause. Rewind, they're doing a programme for a trip to America now?"

"More like an exchange but yeah,"

"And you told Aizawa to recommend me?"

"Yes."

"But like why?"

"Why not?"

"But why though?"

I really don't wanna have this conversation

"Because you're strong and capable and I know you can do amazing things with a little push!"

"Well damn,"

Ah, crap said too much didn't I. It took me a while to realise he was staring at me as if he was trying to figure out a math problem or put together a puzzle.

"Eh- Kaminari-kun?"

"Denki."

What? 

"What?"

"Call me Denki!"

"Um but isn't using our given names a bit too soon I mean isn't it only for people who really like each other?"

This is so embarrassing I can feel myself going red god I wish the wall would swallow me up right now or maybe god will have some mercy and this will be a dream.

"Awww are you saying you don't like me I-zu-ku"

"No, wait that's not what I meant I mean I see you as a friend and your cool and all and I only meant umm-"

His laughter echoed off the walls and I shrank down.

"Hey chill out it's not that deep!"

 Footsteps thudded down the corridor and Denki grinned as Kacchan screamed in the distance

"BATTERY PACK I'M GONNA ROAST YOUR ASS!"

"Gotta go but I'll come to your dorm for training tomorrow cya Izuku!"

He ran down the hall as the others came bursting into sight and their laughter could be heard long after they had disappeared. It took a while for me to realise I was still hunched by the wall and my joints cramped as I stood up. I have the strangest feeling I forgot about something. 

I WAS MEANT TO MEET ALL MIGHT!.