Epilogue

6 months later

Angel's POV

I had picked up Kailani from the airport. She has been studying at university since we came back. Money wasn't an issue anymore since Gabato is using the Nautilus for his "luxury tours" which have earned him quite a fortune.

The Nautilus is still mine and I'm still the Captain but since I don't have a use for it, I left it in his hands.

For the last 6 months, I've been working at a library which comes in handy -- I've been doing a lot of research on my family and everything as well as the crystal. I've been having such weird feelings recently. As if I need to go to the ocean again...

Sean's been working on more research over the island as well. But most importantly, we are getting to know each other better. Here in the States is definitely different from the island. I got to try new things and see new things.

I got to try ice cream! And it was delicious!

Today was Sean's birthday and I've been gone for the whole week visiting a museum that has some things about the crystal. I may be onto something with these "callings" but I'll touch on that later.

Me and Kailani pulled up to the house and got out, her father called her again for the 100th time today. I grabbed Sean's present while she got off the phone with him.

I walked into the house with her only to be greeted by my boyfriend. He formally asked me when we were out on a movie date which was sweet.

He gave Kailani a quick hug before coming over to me and giving me a sweet kiss. Hank and Sean's Mom, Liz, came over to greet us too. 

"Hey, darling." Liz greeted me with a hug. "You look wonderful!"

"Aww, thanks!" I smiled big.

"Good to see you, Cap." Hank teased.

I hugged him and then held up my present for Sean which he got excited for. I left the group and put his gift down on the table in the kitchen.

As I went to go back, the sudden urge to go back to the water overwhelmed me. The crystal around my neck glowed and I held it in my hand.

"Angel, you alright?" Sean asked me as he saw my body language. He saw the glow of the crystal and knew exactly what I was feeling.

"Feeling the urge again?" He asked me.

"Yeah, and it's getting stronger. Something doesn't feel right..." I trail off.

"I know, and that's why we're doing all the research we can." Sean reassured me. I nodded and he kissed my temple. He grabbed my hand and lead me out of the kitchen.

We all sat down on the couch and Sean's Mom grabbed an envelope and handed it to him.

"Open this one first." She smiled.

"Postmarked Cameroon?" Sean inquired.

I looked at the stamp confused but sure enough it was from there.

Sean opened it up as soon realized what it was.

"Oh, it's from Grandpa!" He cheered. "He wants to give me his present next time he sees me."

"Aww." I cooed.

Suddenly we heard an engine rev and then the door to the house opened.

I looked to Kailani and Sean to see if they know anything but they looked just as confused as me.

Just then, Alex walked in decked out in motorcycle gear with a huge smile.

"Well, don't just sit there. Applaud!" He cheered.

"Alex!" "Grandpa!" Me and Sean exclaimed at the same time.

"You and your entrances." I tease him with a smile.

"You know me, dearie." He said kissing me on my head.

"I can't believe you're here!" Sean exclaimed.

"I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world." He said with a gentle smile.

"I wanted to give you this." Alex reached into his pocket and pulled out a book in a brown paper package.

"A book?" Sean inquired.

"Oh, it's not just a book. It's a trip I want us to go on. All of us, as a family. And that includes you and your father, Kailani." Alex said.

Sean opened the package and my eyes went wide at the title.

"What is it?" Hank asked.

Sean gave a dramatic pause before holding up the book.

"Poseidon's Crystal and the Cave of Rest."

"The cave that saved Angel?" Hank asked.

"Yeah, but this is the first time I'm hearing of Poseidon." I admit.

"What do you say? Another family discovery?" Alex asked.

"I guess it would be a good time to tell you that the fragment's been glowing and I've felt the urge to go back to the water." I say.

"What?" Alex inquired, interested.

"We've been doing research but we just get the feeling something's wrong." Sean added.

"Maybe the crystal's calling out for help?" Kailani inquired and I raised my shoulders saying that I didn't know.

"Well, that theory gives us a good start, don't you think? So once again, I ask. What do you say?" Alex questioned with a mischievous smirk

"Well, I think there's only one thing to say." I mocked and Kailani chuckled with me.

"So, who's up for an adventure?" Sean asked with a smirk.