Chapter 10

"Ugh.. What.."

Scarlett woke up, oddly energized. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had a good night's sleep, much less the feeling she felt afterwards.

She turned and saw that it was completely dark outside. How long had she been sleeping?

As the details from before she fell asleep snuck back into her mind, she frowned.

She never got the chance to apologize to her friends.

Why'd she think they would believe her in the first place? This whole thing was stupid.

She realized she was all on her own for this whole thing. And it scared her.

Terribly.

Accepting her seemingly set-in-stone fate, she carefully walked out of the room, heading to the living room to receive her cellphone.

After narrowly avoiding a confrontation from Holly, she made her way back to her room.

And was shocked to find Jake and Juila sitting together, huddled in a deep conversation that Scarlett obviously interrupted.

"Huh? You guys are still here?" Scarlett mumbled incredulously.

As she silently waited for them the respond, she heard a tiny ding!, and went to check her phone.

Warden H: Oh yeah, the J's are staying the night. They're in your room. I'll be at Barry's. And, like Dad said, don't burn the house down.

"Huh." Scarlett pocketed her phone after reading her sister's text a good 3 times.

She looked back at her friends to find them sharing a glance with each other, one that Scarlett couldn't read.

However, she knew that they were probably still a little upset with her. Withholding a sigh, she walked into the room, closing the door behind her.

They didn't seem to notice her as she walked towards them. They only noticed her once she knelt down next to them, their gazes finding each others once more as Scarlett struggled to find the words she needed to say.

"Uhm," Scarlett started, looking down slightly. "Look, guys.. I-"

However, she didn't get the chance to finish, for she felt a searing pain in her head and her words went flying out the window.

₩|¤___________________¤|₩

She didn't have much time. She knew that for a fact. So, as quick as she could, she spoke.

"I understand that this situation, isn't the most ideal one. But, it is what it is."

She could see the confusion in the eyes of those she was talking to, yet she continued.

"You have to believe her. As crazy as it sounds, she's telling the truth. I don't have much time, but she needs you two."

She paused, cracking the smallest smile at the repeatedly opening and closing mouths of the two, as well as the glances she didn't miss.

She walked up to the others in the room, offering a small smile as she lightly touched both of the two's foreheads, both giving giving the mental connection she had with her daughter, and healing the effects left on Jake's face.

As one final thought, she muttered.

"Please. As stubborn as she is, she can't help me by herself.."