Chapter Three

Percy's POV

If I wasn't getting stares from everyone a minute ago, I was definitely getting them now. Dumbledore told me to stay in the north-east towers of the castle, which were basically empty because everyone stayed with the houses, they're in. Once I got to my room, I pulled out a golden drachma. "O Fleecy, do me a solid, show me Annabeth Chase" I said. I waited but nothing happened, so I tried again. "O Fleecy, do me a solid, show me Annabeth Chase." Nothing. I punched the wall in anger, leaving a whole on it.

"Well, that wasn't very nice of you" I turned around, Hecate.

"I wanna go" I said. She started going through my bag and taking stuff out.

"I'm afraid you already made a promise to the gods, you don't want to make them angry now do you?"

"Why doesn't the Iris message work?" I ask her.

"That type of stuff doesn't work here darling, how do you think I kept my pets a secret from the gods" She looked at me and started doing the circles again. "Read the book, it's all in there." She handed me the book from my bag. "You're a good hero Percy, don't ruin it."

With that, she leaves my room. I look down the floor and see a newspaper with a picture moving. I read the headline written in bold. 'Voldemort's grandson at Hogwarts' I read through it the best I can, the words were jumping around and changing. (A/N: this is the same newspaper that was in the last chapter) They think my mom is dead? Who even wrote this?

I threw the newspaper out and took a deep breath. I needed to find a way to talk to Annabeth. I took a seat in the couch and started to read the book Hecate gave me. It was pretty boring; it just said a bunch of stuff about wizards I couldn't care less about. And at some point, I fell asleep.

I wake up with the sunlight coming through the window. I stay there for a few minutes, dreading the day that was ahead. I force myself to get out of the bed, but my feet don't work so I end up slipping towards the floor. I don't move for a minute or two until I finally get up, shower, and change into the ugly clothes they call robes.

I start to open the door to get out of my room and stop when I notice a white envelope attached to the doorknob. 'Meet me at my office -Professor Dumbledore'

Great. Just what I need this morning. I go over to headmaster's office and the doors open automatically. When I get there, Dumbledore is sitting down talking with a Ravenclaw girl. They haven't noticed me yet, so I just stand there. It backfires when Dumbledore notice me standing in the dark, pretty sure I almost gave the old man a heart attack.

"Percy," He stands up from his chair, "This is Luna Lovegood, she will be showing you around Hogwarts and helping you get to classes" The girl smiles at me, she is actually the first person there to not look at me like I have a third leg. We both get out of the office and start walking through the hallways.

"Our first class is charms, so we just have to go left and go to the third floor" she says.

"Do we have the same schedules?" I ask.

"Well Professor Dumbledore changed it so I could help you"

The poor girl was forced to get her schedule changed just for me, which made me feel worse than I already do. "Sorry" I say.

"It isn't your fault" We turn left and go up the stairs.

"Is breakfast not a thing here?" I ask.

She laughed. "Breakfast is in the dining hall, and it closes at 9am, its 11am Percy Jackson."

I groaned. "I gather you're not a morning person?" she says.

"That would be an understatement".