Prologue

March 20, 2011 (6:00am)

The tears died a long time ago.

They died the night she witnessed them crawl for their lives—begging, surrendering...and sacrificing. The tears stopped pooling her green emerald eyes when she saw their tear-streaked faces contort with fear. Her cries were muffled, constricted in her throat when theirs were cut by the deathly blade the man held in his deadly pale hand.

The tears died and it saved her.

She saw his face through the small crack of the door and it was forever carved in her memory. His face...his name—they kept her alive. They kept her safe and strong.

She had no name; she chose to forget it the same day she vowed for retribution.

 "Good morning, America," the newscaster's voice boomed, "Today, Senator John Stuart will be visiting St. Catherine Orphanage for the celebration of his 56th birthday. The senator has always campaigned for the future of the children and today is like any other day for him—" She punched the remote and the television went black.

Standing up, she went to get a shower.

Today was the start, the fruit of series of research and planning. And if fate would allow it—as it always did—today would be the day for killing.

Today was just the start, she thought as she turned on the shower and stepped under the cool drizzle. Warm showers were for those whose hearts were getting cold. She didn't need that because hers turned ice stone years ago.

**I know this work still have to go under a lot of editing, so forgive the errors... <peace out>

 ***I dedicate this work to my sister girlnextdoor...if it wasn't for her, this work wouldn't have an ending... yay!