➝ now we do it together, ellie

~ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘 ~

"To commemorate those who gave their lives - including the brave Commander of our Scouting Regiment - we present you with medals to remember those who will not be forgotten."

With that, the remaining of the Scouts - Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Levi, Hange, Floch, and I - stepped forward and kneeled before Queen Historia, who held 6 medals on her arm, to give to each of us.

"Commander Hange." She said, solemnly as she placed the medal around said woman's neck. Hange then kissed the queen's hand. "Captain Levi. Mikasa." My 2 relatives kissed her hand as well as the jade medal was placed.

As she made her way to Eren, she placed the medal around his neck, expecting nothing more than a kiss on the hand.

But when Eren touched her hand, electricity seemed to crackle between them, and his expression contorted into one of pure fear and terror, his skin turning a sickly pale, and she bent down to ask what was wrong.

He took a few seconds to recoil, before shooting Historia a small smile and shaking his head, bowing down with his hand over his heart. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and my lips turned into a slight frown but as Historia came to present me my medal, I changed my expression.

I will need to ask him later. I thought.

-----MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS!!!

I slammed the door to mine and Eren's shared room, leaning against the wood with a hard expression on my face. I knew Mikasa would come in a few minutes to check where Eren was, so I had to hurry this up.

Eren's face tilted in visible confusion, but something in his eyes told me he knew exactly what I was going to do.

"Eren." I said, trying to get him to look at me. He did, shifting his eyes from my legs to my face. I frowned deeply. "What the fuck was that?!"

Eren's reply was low and heavy, almost calm. "Mikasa will be here any minute, you know."

"Which is why I need you to hurry up, you shit."

He sighed and nodded. "I saw it, Elliot." I tilted my head, confusion rippling my expression. It had been a while since he'd called me by my full name.

I asked, curiosity getting the better of me. "What?"

"Destiny. The future."

Beat.

"All that was needed was physical contact between Historia and I."

I tried to take a step back in shock, but was stopped by the door. I gulped. I knew that he was telling the truth, from the serious calmness in his voice and his unwavering eyes. I nodded slowly trying to process the information while asking him to continue.

He did, and he told me everything he saw when he kissed Historia's hand. I could only listen in horror, slipping to the floor and sitting there for a good minute.

Eren didn't walk up to me until after I had come out of my processing daze, sitting beside me and leaning my head against his shoulder. Tears seemed to brim in his eyes and I thought I was seeing things, but Eren didn't let me look at him for long. "Now we do it together, Ellie." He said, in a way that he didn't expect me to answer.

He knew I would accept if I was in the right state of mind.

I sniffed into his shoulder, but didn't feel tears in my eyes. Instead, my expression was hard, ready to accept fate as it is - or was. Sure I would lose the person I loved the most, but it would be for the greater good.