XII: Six Little Birds Settled on a Branch

Yehui washed her hands before fixing her hair in front of the mirror, she saw Eunki come out from another cubicle and the latter washed her hands as well.

"Why do you guys think Soobin was warning us about some sort of mysterious bully?" Yehui scoffed, looking over at Jiyoung, who was applying some lip tint in front of the same wide mirror, "Everyone's afraid of us, I'm sure Soobin was just being careless with his boyfriend."

Eunki hummed, "I'm not sure, Soobin's a brute," she commented before leaning on the sink, "whoever this guy is, they're still probably afraid to be figured out."

"And to think that Soobin was scared shitless when he warned us days ago," Yehui scoffed before going out of the girl's lavatory, Eunki and Jiyoung following suit. "I need to let out some steam."

"Ah!" Jiyoung exclaimed as she recieved a message from one of the boys in their group chat, "Beomgyu wanted us to meet them at the storage room at building six, as usual," she said, her long hair bouncing as she softly squealed in excitement, "I wonder what they're up to."

"I just hope Taehyun brought some extra cigarettes with him," Eunki said as the three females headed for the building of the said storage room.

Building 6. A building off limits for students for about eight months for now, since it would be demolished for a new building. It had became a place for Soobin's gang to hang out there, and no one else would dare to set foot on that building since everyone else were afraid of the gang. It's the same building as where Soobin would corner the other students he'd call pets or his playthings, including Hyunjin, which they made a number of cases on.

All of the rooms were used as storage rooms ever since students were told to move out, most of the rooms were stuffed with old books, damaged chairs, school props for events and other stuff that may or may not be considered trash. However, there is one room that isn't all that stuffed on the fourth floor, and that's where Soobin's troupe of bullies specifically stay during breaks or when skipping classes.

L O A D I N G • • •

Yehui, Eunki and Jiyoung arrived on the third floor, they expected for some rock music echoing from the room that they hang out at, but it was quiet, eerily quiet, in fact. Even so, Yehui decided to walk towards the room that was at the second to the last of the hall.

"Wait," Jiyoung grabbed Yehui's wrist before the latter could even take another step, fear etched in her eyes, "I have a bad feeling about this."

"Beomgyu texted for us to meet up with them, remember?" Yehui pressed, yanking her wrist away from Jiyoung. "What are you so afraid of, anyway?"

"What if this is some sort of trick?" Eunki asked Yehui, thinking of the possibilities, "What if someone stole Beomgyu's phone and they set us up?"

"We still need to check things out," Yehui pressed further, "then what if the boys are in trouble? We could at least help them."

"Yehui? Eunki? Jiyoung?" The girls all heard Beomgyu call, his voice echoed through the corridors, and it sounded rather hoarse and afraid, "Is that you?" He almost stammered.

"Beomgyu?" Yehui called out, taking slow and careful steps closer to the room, "Are you alright? You sound different." She hollered again, growing worried by the minute.

"Please! Just leave here!" Beomgyu begged, his voice cracking at the end of every word, "It's dangerous, please call for help! Hurry before he comes back to kill us all! He's out to kill us!"

"He?" Jiyoung questioned, "What do you mean? Who's out to kill us?"

"It doesn't matter!" Beomgyu warned, his voice louder this time.