burns | 14 | memorable mistake

Work was nothing special. My pay wasn't either. I liked my job too much to change for the money. Olivia could deal with it. We'll buy a pram.

I walked home, glad that it wasn't raining anymore. My footsteps splashed through puddles, and despite the fact it wasn't raining I still got wet from the onslaught of splashing drops from below.

I pushed through the apartment entrance using my shoulder and wiped my feet on the carpet. I breathed out a puff of mist and oresed the button for the elevator.

Before it could open, I heard another person run through the entrance and come stand beside me. I turned, slowly, to see a girl around my age.

She smiled at me, cheeks pink from running. She had black hair, thick eyelashes and warm brown eyes, a round face you could almost snuggle up to. She was dazzling, in truth, and I kicked myself for thinking it.

Olivia, Tim. I thought, looking at the ground. The elevator dinged open and I jumped inside. She followed, a noticeable spring in her step. She's a happy person. My brain said. Low maintenance. Fun.

I bit my lip.

"Hey." She said. Her voice alone was warm, soft and inviting. "I'm Ella."

"Ahuh." I mumbled. Don't do this to her. "Hi."

I arrived at my floor and hopped out quickly, hence ending the talk.

"Bye!" She called.

I didn't answer.

I wouldn't.

_

sorry for the huge delay! i had mixed thoughts, and actually deleted the wattpad app. (i use my phone). so for probably more than a month its been completely out of my mind. but I'm back! tbh i don't know how long for, but I'm giving it a go. enjoy i love you all so much xx