Chapter 1

WORD COUNT:4392

*takes your cat*

Unfortunately, fire is not the solution to every problem.

Izuku gasped in the air as he sprinted from rooftop to rooftop. As of right now, he had two of the strongest heroes on his tail. These heroes being Endeavor and Deatharms, the intelligent decision was to get the hell out of there.

And yes, most would consider one of Japan's top vigilantes fairly clever; today was not said vigilante's brightest day.

I had just finished up fighting some petty criminals who were trying to mug a poor woman. Momo? I think that's what she said her name was. Regardless, Deatharms was out of his regular patrol schedule and managed to find me. I only saw him by himself at the time and thought I would push him around a bit before I left. Key-Words: By Himself

I was sorrily mistaken. Deathass had a friend with him, Endevawhore. I was caught off guard and was hit with his flames.

And now you're caught up with the so very unpleasant present time.

With the massive third-degree burns on my back, I can't run as fast as I usually would, and that's the last thing I need. These are first-class heroes; after all, you can't expect them to be slugs.

"Get back here, you fucking villain!" Various shouts and half-insults could be heard from the flaming jack-in-the-box.

"Go ahead and wake up the whole neighborhood; why don'tcha?" I mock, even though it came out more as a mumble. It hurts to run, but even worse to speak. Pain in the ass, let me tell you.

The taller of the two heroines took the initiative and made an attack. He leaped at me with speed in an attempt to grab me; at least, I believe that's what he was trying to do.

This was my opening. My time to leave.

"I bid you adieu!"

He gasped as I fell backward from the building. But when he looked down the side, there was nobody in sight. Endeavor ran in the direction where I took my leap of faith and failed to skid to a stop, causing him to fall face-first off the edge.

I shouldn't have found that funny, but I couldn't help myself. I hold back a chuckle and look at the window I broke.

Good thing this building is abandoned. That could have been bad.

I shouldn't pull that one again. I dislocated my shoulder too. No biggie, though. I squint my eyes and pop it back into its rightful place.

That kind of hurt.

I'm not in the best spot right now. I have work in the morning, 7AM, to be precise. It's currently 3:36. Plus, the extra thirty minutes it'll take me to get back to my place from here. Ichika is gonna be totally pissed when I walk in looking like shit.

I turn around slowly.

My head jerks to the side at the faint sound of leaves being crunched. Someone's in the hallway.

Slowly walking to the door, I pull the knob with a firm grip, and the door slams open with a bang louder than expected. Oops.

I guess there wasn't a point in a surprise attack, was there? Not my strong suit anyway.

"Hellooooooooo?---" I exaggerate, "Anyone home--"

A glass bottle smashes into the side of my head at the speed of light. What in the name of Jesus Christ's son's, daughter's, sister-in-law---