1 | espresso

↳ ❝ [𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭-𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘥, 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦] ¡! ❞

As you entered the classroom, the bustling cheery voices of your classmates were heard loud and clear.

    "What's up with this loud mess, what a way to start the morning..." you groaned and sat at your favorite seat, the seat closest to the classroom's window.

All voices all clashed together, creating a muffled sound.

"I wonder where should I go today..." you asked yourself quietly as you couldn't wait for school to end already. After school is the time when you enjoy visiting cafés and all sorts of teahouses or coffee shops, this hobby started from ever since middle school and you never got bored from it. The skies were bright and blue, clear as ever; not even a spectacle of cloud in the sky. Endlessly and blankly staring at the blue plains above, the school bells ring as you then got ready for class.

╰┈➤After school

You stretched and yawned as you strolled along the street downtown to find a new café. Trees shifted along with the wind as a soft breeze brushed past you, finally, you found a new café by the side of the street. "Hāchimitsu café?" you read on the sign of the café,

"I'll try this out then..."

    The moment you stepped in was captivating. Swift the scent of freshly ground coffee swirled around the air as soft jazz music played in the background, espresso machines, bags of coffee grinds, various syrups, flavorings, and toppings stored neatly placed and stored within the shelves looked as if they were all glimmering; warmth surrounds you as you were left speechless, how can such a simple café made you feel as if you're at home?

    "Oh, apologies, I didn't know we had customers" a voice emerged from behind the coffee maker, as you walked to the counter.

He was a boy with dark mahogany brown hair, wearing a brown cap, which looked as if it was a dinosaur, and you couldn't deny that he has quite a charming face but something about his brown eyes seemed... dull?

"So, how may I help you?" the boy smiled as you then looked at the menu, "I'll have a... latte but can I request a topping on it?" you asked the boy until you noticed his name tag. "Quake, huh... that's an unusual name..." you made a mental note.

    "Whipped cream?" he asked as you shook your head. "Honey, please" you replied.

Most baristas would only nod and lifelessly pressed their life away onto the cashier.

"Honey and coffee? That's a first." He questioned, his eyes widened by your order but slightly intrigued. "I've never tried that before but that sounds great." he smiled, noting down the order with a brown sharpie onto your cup.

I couldn't bring yourself to say it but that's also the first someone said that to you. "How should I feel about this? Happy? I mean, he's the first person to want to know something about me... or annoyed? It's none of his business anyways..."

"Name?" he asked you, snapping you out of your whirlwind of thoughts.

"But there's no other person in the café?"
"Well, you already know mine

"Y/n" you answered. "Your drink will be ready in 5 minutes" he smiled as you paid for your order.

"That's a pretty name..."

Even though his mumble was as quiet as a mouse, those words trickled into your ear as you then felt your cheeks burning up.

    As you sat down, the sound of the espresso machine rumbles through as you were thirsty and were excited about your drink. You glanced around the café, taking in even the smallest details you can find. "So," Quake greeted as he continues to make your drink. "What's the story behind this drink?" he asked curiously.