freckled

The girl still had no friends but she was fine with that. As long as no one bothered her, she was happy. Well, she thought. It only lasted 4 days. Kyoko really hates PE after all that. She would not change into her PE clothes and seat at the side bench, sketching in her book. Jungwon was at the field too apparently. They joined classes since one of the teachers wasn't present.

Jungwon was playing basketball with his classmates but his eyes were always on Kyoko.

"Are you perhaps Nishimura Riki from Class 4's girlfriend ?"

A boy asked as he sat next to Kyoko, eyes glued to a book in his hand. The girl paused her hand from continuing her sketch, looking to her right with confused eyes. "What ? No-" The boy giggled. "Don't worry, he's a player. I know you're new here. Just watch out and be prepared. He'll leave you like the others-"

Slap.

"I didn't even say anything about being his girlfriend. Why are you insisting ?" Kyoko said in a low voice as her eyes turned dull again. "We just live in the same household, he's like an older brother to me yet how dare you talk shit about him ? You think I'm dumb just because I'm 'new' around here. What a joke."

She laughed.

"I'll not let myself be weak anymore. I'll be strong despite the sickness I have."

Kyoko picked up her book and went to class. Jungwon excused himself to go to the bathroom, chasing after the girl. "Kyoko !" She turned back and smiled weakly. Jungwon knew she was exhausted by the expression on her face. "What happened.. ?" Kyoko just shook her head and said she was fine.

Jungwon knew she wouldn't talk anyways, he would find out sooner or later. "Right, go and rest up in your class, see you after school." He said hugging the girl as she was pushing him away since he was sweating after playing. 

It didn't matter what that boy had said. It didn't hurt Kyoko. She didn't love anyone nor have crushes. She just wants to fall in love with the crescent that comes every month. The girl grinned as she sat at the windowsill. "We rather have a love-hate relationship, don't we, my dear crescent ? I'll come home very soon."

She didn't choose to be sick. She just wants to have fun. Might as well make it last.

"Dear crescent, reveal the truth for me."

"Hey ! Why didn't you text me saying you went off early ?!" Ni-Ki said as he finally got up to Kyoko. "I just wanted to g-get a headstart ! You w-walk too fast." The girl pouted before getting into the car Jay was driving. "Yo, you look terrible dude." Ni-Ki said after seeing Jay's eyebags and he was clearly tired from who knows what.

"I was just finishing up some music and Sunghoon asked me to pick you guys up. Jungwon is at cram school right ?" Kyoko nodded as she finally took a breath, coughing before drinking water. It wasn't a long walk but it sure was tiring. "J-Jay you should really sleep after this.. Please d-don't overwork yourself..."

Kyoko is worried because clearly Jay is very much affected by the recent deaths and can't seem to move on. "How about you go somewhere and bring Kyoko, for a car ride or a stroll around town. I'm pretty sure she hasn't been to this area, right ?" The girl smiled and shook her head. "Yeah, I should probably take a nap. Wanna go out today ?" He asked, hitting the brakes as they stopped at a traffic light.