2 │ I MIGHT'VE TAKEN A COURSE

EPISODE 2: FRANK THE PLANK
CHAPTER 2. I MIGHT'VE TAKEN A COURSE

"HOW'S YOUR LEG?" MADELAINE asks, smirking as she walks into the Gallagher house.

They had shifted their study session to Lip's house due to his recent injuries.

"It's better. Thanks for your concern." Lip answers, letting her step inside.

"Oh, don't worry." Madelaine says, turning to him as she steps inside. "That's not concern."

"Come on." Lip tells her, leading her to the kitchen, and both of them sit down at the table.

"So, how exactly do you know the Jacksons?" Lip asks, as she pulls out her books.

"You know you spend a lot of time asking me question than doing the thing I'm paying you for." Madelaine tells him.

"Oh, come on, what's the harm in some small talk." He asks her.

"I hate small talk." She replies, plainly. Lip just looks at her, making her roll her eyes. "Sheila is one of my mom's patients." Lip looks as her confused, so she elaborates. "My mom's a psychologist."

"Oh, so that's why you want to be a psychologist." Lip muses.

"I'm thinking about it." Madelaine tells him. "Nothing's final yet."

"But you are interested in it." Lip says.

"Why does everyone call you Lip?" Madelaine pipes in.

"What?" He asks.

"So, you can ask questions, but I can't?" Madelaine raises her eyebrow.

"My name's Philip, Lip's a nickname." He tells her, and she nods.

"Okay." She tells him. "Now, can we please get back to math? I need to maintain my grade if I'm ever going to be a psychologist."

"So you do want to be a psychologist." He says, and she gives him an annoyed look. "How does your family has so much money?"

Madelaine doesn't answer, just gives him a blank look, and after about a moment he sighs.

"Okay, let's get back to math." Lip muses.

"THANKS." MADELAINE TELLS LIP, as she packs up her stuff. She pulls out the cash from her pocket, and takes 20 dollars out of it, dropping it on the table, when Debbie walks into the kitchen.

"Steve wants to know what kind of burger you want." Debbie tells Lip, bored. Until, she sees the other girl standing in the kitchen.

Debbie looks at Madelaine with her mouth open.

"Um, hi?" Madelaine says, smiling at the little girl. "I'm-"

"Madelaine Johnson." Debbie finishes.

Madelaine gives her a grin.

"Yep, that's me." She says. "What's your name?"

"Debbie." Debbie answers, sharply turning to Lip, freaking out a little. "What is Madelaine Johnson doing in our kitchen?"

"Uhh, I tutor her." Lip answers, confused why his sister was fangirling over Madelaine.

"What?! And you didn't tell me?!" Debbie yells at him.