Essay #1

*This was an essay where we were allowed to pick a topic so I picked The Titanic. This was also my very first ever essay please be nice about it!*

In 1912 The Titanic was sailing from England to New York. They announced The Titanic was unsinkable. The ship was fully booked, there were about 2,200 passengers aboard The Titanic only 706 survived that leaves 1,517 people that died. There were 109 children on board the Titanic, only 47 children survived which leaves 54 children who died.

On The Titanic when it was sinking they didn't just let first class on the lifeboats at first it was just women and children they let aboard. When it was sinking they knew they didn't have lifeboats so they went down and locked the gates therefore killing people in third class but they also thought they could stop the water from coming in the rest of the ship.

They were supposed to have 60 lifeboats but the owner complained that it took up too much room and it didn't look proper so they only put 20. The lifeboats could have held up the 63 people, the first one only had 13 people, they could have saved everyone on board. People say if you find a piece of The Titanic you could sell it for between 80,000 (12,412 Canadian dollars) to over 100,000 (UDS) dollars (127,683 Canadian dollars). The Titanic was the biggest ship to ever exist she was 882 feet and 9 inches long (269.06 m) and her height was 92 feet and 6 inches

Back then The Titanic cost 7 million (USD) dollars, in today's money that would be 400 million (USD) dollars to build her. The Titanic hit an iceberg and not long after that, The Titanic sank at 2:20 AM 400 miles away from Newfoundland, Canada in the north Atlantic ocean. The ship had struck the iceberg 2 and a half hours before.

In my opinion the movie "The Titanic" wasn't really good. My reasons are: One, It had some love story and it was kinda weird. Two, The Titanic only sank for 20 minutes in the movie but in reality it sank for 2-3 hours. Three, It's not the type of movie I would watch anyway. The type of movies I like, don't have a love story or a sinking boat.

In my opinion, I find it interesting to learn about the history of The Titanic. The Titanic was one of the biggest ships to set sail and when I heard that I was imminently interested in knowing more about it. I started liking the history of it the moment I learned what happened to it, and I know it's sad that 1,517 people died when The Titanic sank, but the history is so interesting.