5. chapter

Sounds of soft and heavy rain fill my ears. I feel sick. Opening my eyes I see green walls, the colour washed down with grey. A steady beep every two minutes. I place my eyes on the drip next to me, the cord running to my hand. My chest felt heavy and warm. I look down and see Samuel, sleeping with his brows pushed together. He looks mad. I sigh, shifting my eyes outside to see the view. 

Hospitals always bothered me. I hate how they smell, how they look. I have never had good doctors at hospitals so I guess that's where my hatred began. 

I feel Sam shifting in my lap, looking downI watch as he slowly opens his eyes. He jolts up, noticing me :”Omg…” he says softly while pulling me in for a tight lung breaking hug. I try to hug back but my hands are locked on my sides. I chuckle quietly and lean my head onto his shoulder. 

A good minute goes by and only then he frees me from the hug. His grey eyes scanning my face with sadness and worry in them. I notice his hands are holding mine. 

I don't know what to say. I haven't planned this far ahead. I wish he could say something instead. But what would he say, right? 

“What?” I finally blurted out as his eyes were starting to dig into me a little too deep. “What do you mean what?” he again says with a soft voice. “You end up in a hospital on the night I take you out. Not to mention I had to talk to your parents.” I keep my eyes on the heavy blanket on my legs. “How did I end up here?” I ask. Sam sighs “You had collapsed on the street and a local baker headed to work and four found you.” Silence took over. 

Should I find her and thank her? “Did I do something?” Sam asks with his voice, vulnerable and sorrowful. I quickly look up and tighten my grip on his hands “No! Gosh no.” His eyes shift from mine to our hands. “Samuel, you have done nothing wrong!” I say convincingly.
I feel a tear fall onto my hand. A small sniffling fills my ear. “Hey, c'mon now. Don't you dare cry.” I command jokingly. “Youre so dumb.” Sam responds jokingly. We both chuckle faintly. 
“I know and I'm sorry. But this has little to do with you. Can we just leave this behind us and pretend this never happened?” Sam wipes his tears and looks up with a confused look. “Please?” I basically beg. 

It's so embarrassing. Doing something like this and then having to wake up. Anyway I got Sam to agree. I convinced him to go home and rest. We called each other every night and texted during the day. 

I was at the hospital for about three days, just so they could make sure my liver would heal. Eating was disgusting. I was hungry and wanted to eat but everything was so disgusting and if I did manage to eat I would puke it all out. I visited a psychiatrist. That sucked the most. It was so embarrassing. When I got out, my father came to get me. For the first time ever he hugged me like he really loved me. It was very strange but I liked it. To be honest I didn't want to go home. I had to talk to my parents about this which was horrible. 

In a couple of days everything was back to normal. My mom was still the way she had always been but my dad did try and change and get closer to me. 

It has been a week since leaving the hospital. Sam has wanted to have me over for dinner since the moment I texted him I was home. My mother and father wouldn't let me. So tonight I will literally beg them because if I wont get to leave this house I'll go crazy. 

I basically skip into the kitchen while mom is making dinner. “Hey! Whatcha doing?”  She flipped the salad around the bowl “Well what does it look like?” She keeps her eyes on the bowl. “Don't make any for me, I'm going to Sams.” she stopped what she's doing and stares at me “You sure? I don't want to get another call from the hospital.” I cross my arms in protest “He hasn't done anything wrong! He's a really good friend.” She rolls her eyes “Fine...Stay the night if you want, what do I care.” 

Not the response I was looking for but It'll do I guess. But now I kinda feel bad. “Alright. I will.” I say strongly trying to brush off the feeling of guilt. “I'll go tell dad.” 

“Wait, who was he again?” He asks as he hears my news. “A really good friend.” he keeps his confused face. I sigh “The one who was at the hospital…” He nods and thinks for a second. “Ok….” he looks at the floor and fiddles with his legs for a sec “Greet him for me.” he finally says and smiles slightly. A big smile covers my face, bringing out my dimples “I will! I'll get ready and go then.” I say and go to my room to get ready. 

I arrive at Sam's place at exactly 7:46. Before I could knock the door flung open and I was greeted by a big hug. His warm perfume filled my senses. Gosh he smells good, I think while hugging him tighter. I get inside and take off my coat. “C'mon hurry up, the food is getting cold grandma.” He says while walking to the living room. 

I love that Sam lives alone. His father is quite rich so he is able to pay for all this until Sam finishes his education course. His mother ran off with some random biker after he was born and left him and his father abandoned. Sam's father built a company and is very well off now. 

Sam seats me at the table and the smells of a delicious dinner make my mouth water. He pours me some white wine like the gentlemen he is. He sits down and picks up his glass. “To you, Stacy. The best person I am privileged to know.” He smiles sweetly, making my heart melt. 
“Ok, dig in.” I stare at the plate. “You made pumpkin puree?” He nods “Yeah. I googled you shouldn't eat rough foods so early, your liver might get hurt.” 
“Oh, that's sweet of you.” I answer. 

The puree was delicious, I can't believe he made it himself. During the dinner we talked about what had happened while I was stuck at home. Well mostly he talked and I listened. Honestly I could listen to Sam for hours on end. His voice is so calming and soothing that it makes every word important. 

I helped him clear the table and wash and put away the dishes. Then he put on a movie and we snuggled up on the sofa. 

I feel so safe in his arms, resting my head on his chest. He drew circles on my hand. I know we're watching a movie but I am focused on his breathing and heartbeats. Gosh I wanna eat him up. Hes just so fucking amazing. How am I so lucky. 

Suddenly I felt a kiss right under my ear, his breaths tingling against my neck. I turned my head so we were face to face. His light grey eyes staring into my green ones. We pushed our lips onto one another. His lips are soft and hungry. The kiss is soft and passionate, keeping me in it, not letting me go. His hands moved down my waist.
The kiss breaks and we lean our foreheads together, our eyes still locked. Our breathing synced up. 

“Stand up,” he says, breaking the silence. I did as I was told and he followed. All of a sudden he picks me up and I yelp. “What are you doing?” I say while chuckling. I was left unanswered. Instead he walked to his room and placed me softly onto his bed. Into the fresh and soft dark blue sheets. He was on top of me “Shh..” he hushed me and placed his lips on mine once again. I melt completely under him feeling my panties dampen. Gosh he drives me crazy. His hand travelled around my body. Finding my hands he pins them over my head and breaks the kiss. “What?” I ask, noticing his eyes look up and down my body. “Nothing, just admiring what I get to break.”