Short story

FINDING HER INNOCENCE

Short Story

"I'm guilty." i said as i remained my stoic face.

He look at me with dissapointment in his eyes he then,shook his head.

"No,you are not. Please,think of yourself. Don't say you are,i know you're lying." He whispered and begun opening his side notebook."I said i am!" I exclaimed. I don't want him to think that I'm lying,i need to do this. For him.

He clenched his jaw,i saw the veins on his neck. His eyes are shouting in pain as he look at me.

"I'm your lawyer, i will do everything just to prove that you are not guilty of what they're accusing you,so please."

His eyes, I can't look at them. It's like I'm staring on the hole,it's like I'm going to sink. I'm losing my sanity, I don't want him to think that i am affected. He's my lawyer,he's my boyfriend.

We are inside a room, he's interrogating me, I don't want to face him but I don't have a darn choice. I love him,i will do everything just for him to be safe.

"Why are you silent?" He ask.

"According to the Philippine Constitution 1987,Article 3 Section 12 paragraph 1 'i have a right to remain silent'" I said as i stare at his eyes confidently.

His lips rose in ammusement. "Ahuh."

He then,leaned closer to me. My eyes widen,i don't want him to come closer. My body is weakening, it's like everytime he is near my body will betray me,i will tell him the truth and everything will not go according to my plan. If he's near,i will not help myself but to hug him and tell him how much i love him,how much i cherish our relationship and how much i care for him and his safety.

"Don't try me,Aenaya."

He warned as he come closer and closer until his face is just a few inches away. My heart is aching in pain,i try to move away but he held my hand stopping me."W-what!? Let me go to jail! I said i am g-guilty." I said and bit my lower lip.

His lip's expression says the opposite of his eyes. It rose in ammusement, he's smirking!

Darn. We're so close. I can't breathe. My heart is beggining to explode from my ribcage. What's with that smirk? Does he know something? Or he's just playing with me, trying to get me knowing that i have this affect on him?

He looked at me directly in the eyes,down to my l-lips. I swallowed hard. Then,he move away. Giving us enough space. My mouth drop open in dissapointment,wait what? No! Ofcourse not! I am not dissapointed! Why would i?

"You just suddenly become cold. You are not talking to me,i am your boyfriend yet after weeks of us not communicating I'll find you in this situation?Come on,baby. Please. I miss you,i want you to get out of here and be with me." He pleaded.

He's in pain,i know.But it's double on me, I'm more pained that he is.

My handsome lawyer.

'sorry,i love you.' how i wanted to say those words.

I'm lucky to have him here with me,atleast i have a chance to see his face. The thickness of his eyelashes,those dashing black eyes. Thick eyebrows,pointed nose and those lucious red lips. God! How i wanted to kiss him right now.

I touched his sharp jaws,he stilled.

His eyes remains on me,then he caught my hand. He put my hand on his lips and kiss the back of it and put it back to the table. From there,i saw the veins protruding on his hand,so manly.

"Psalm,Let's stop this." I sighed as i said those three hurtful words.

"W-what? Are you kidding me? Aenaya, it's not an option! I just want you to tell the truth,please. Babe,cooperate with me. " He said. I'm torn right now. Should i tell him? But his safety will be at risk.

"But Gov. Herardo threatened me! I do---" Oh god! My tongue slipped.  from his angry expression it then become calmer than before,oh gosh. I know he saw my reaction. I don't have a plan to tell him!

"Hmm? So, Gov. Has something to do with this? He made you do this? On what reason?" He eyed me with so much curiosity.

"N-nothing--" I jumped out of shock when he slammed the table angrily, his patience is so tiny. I think he's getting pissed. It's like he's very frustrated to someone. Is it me?

" I have everything i will need so you will be out of here,i have all the evidences including their wrong accusations on you,i will make sure they will go to jail. So don't worry,i'll do everything for you. I love you so much,Aenaya. After this, everything will be alright." I'm shocked,he has evidences? How?  It's good to hear all of it coming from his mouth. How i love to be with him,but i know it's not always like that. We can just cause harm in each other,i am willing to broke his heart so he will be safe.

"Psalm,please no. T-they will hurt you, He has a lot of connection. Just give up on me,i will tell to the court that I'm guilty after a month or two in prison i'll be out. That's their rules,so they can have time dealing on the situation. " I explained.

He's listening to me,intently.

"Tell me more,what really happened? Tell me everything." He commanded.

My tears are forming around my eyes but i managed to hide them from him.

"Uhm, You know your Uncle is against us right? and that night when we're at the party held in Jandee's place my bestfriend.I find out that He's there, i heard them talking,him and his people. He want you gone,since you're his only nephew. Your dad's firm will be yours and he doesn't want that so he made a plan for you to be gone out of your dad's sight. He saw Jandee standing near them, I'm at the kitchen that time and so i thought no one's around except us but there is she. She heard it all, Gov. Herardo get a knife from his pocket and try to harm her, i immediately drag Jandee's hand but I'm late, He held her head and and slammed it to the wall causing Jandee to be Unconcious. " I explained sobbing. I heard him mutter curses and i let him hug me.

"Babe,calm down." He said kissing the top of my head, whispering calming words.

"Jandee is in Coma until now, Herardo put the blame on me. He said that it's my fault, he put me here in jail so i could be the one to suffer in exhange of him not hurting you because he knew that i heard them too. I pleaded, then he said that he will not hurt you and jandee anymore as long as i will let my self blame. I said to myself that everything will be alright after this. You will be fine,Jandee will be. " I continued.

"If that's the case, what did he say?how can he bail you out of here?and how sure are you that he is telling the truth?" He faced me and made me look at him.

I just looked away and wipe the last batch of tears.

I told him everything.

I'm sure he will not let it pass.

Days have come,with all the evidences that he got. My name cleared. He's one of the best lawyer, Atty. Psalm Vincent Maldivar my boyfriend.

He recorded all my testemonies,he showed it all to the Court. Jandee's fine now. She also witnessed.

Herardo didn't expect it,he didn't expect that i will tell it to Psalm since he knew that we broke up, that's what i told him.

He thought it's true because he himself made a plan to ruin my relationship with Psalm.

Now he's in prison.

That will not happen if he's not by my side, his love is brave. He didn't give me up. He fought for me,he fought for my innocence.

"I love you,Aenaya. Thank you for trusting me. You're so brave to fight for us, i appreciate everything you did for me. I fought for you in the court, give an exchange...."

"what kind of exchange,hmm?...in exchange of what?" I poke his cheek. I eyed him sharply.

He chuckled.

"In exchange of being with me... forever."