𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐧

Finley sat alone in the therapist's office, scratching their wrist and staring off into space as they waited for the doctor to return. They looked nervously around the room as a million things ran through their mind and when the door clicked, they turned their gaze at the doctor who walked back to her desk briskly and sat down across from the other. She looked Finley and in return, got their eyes staring into her own. "So...what's going to happen to me?" They asked, their voice shaky. There was a brief silence between the two as the doctor sighed softly and bit her lip.

"Well Melanie, I have some good news and bad news. Which would you like to hear first?"

"Let's get the bad news out of the way."

"Alright, well...you have to stay at a mental hospital for a bit." She was abruptly inturrupted by a scoff coming from Finley, who rolled their eyes and crossed their arms. "Are you serious?"

"Well what else am I supposed to do with an anorexic, self harming insomniac? Just look on the bright side. At least you you can get away from your family for a while."

Thinking of it for a moment, Finley sighed and nodded in agreement, uncrossing their arms and sitting up in their seat. "Yeah, I guess that's the only good thing about going to a nut house." They commented, a hint of sarcasm in their voice.

"Right, well your aunt will be picking you up soon and you'll be going to St Jude's." She paused, noticing their demeanor change from angry to worried instantly. "Look, Melanie-"

"I'm not a loony, you know. It's not my fault..."

"I know you want to blame your family. And that's normal." She paused, sighing softly before she spoke again. "I just want what's best for you, mentally and emotionally alright?"

After a moment more of silence, Finley gave her a nod and looked up, rubbing her right wrist.

"Alright, well like I said your aunt will be here to pick you up and take you to the hospital. You gonna be alright?" Finley nodded, tugging on their sweater sleeve and looked back up for a moment. "Yeah, just dandy. I've dealt with worse and I've always bounced back." They smiled briefly then put their gaze back to the floor, not saying another word.

"Well, that's a good mentality to have." The two were inturrupted by a knock at the door, and in came a brunette woman whom had a slight smile on her face. Finley looked up to her and smiled back, relieved to see her aunt standing there. "Hi aunt Tilda." they greeted as their smile disappeared. "Hey, Fin. How are you doing?"

"Better than what I was last night, if you disregard the fact I'm going to a nut house." She brushed off their comment and looked to the doctor after a moment. "Thank you so much for taking care of them, doc."

"Of course."

The room became silent and Finley stood in their place, looking to the doctor. "Well, I wish you the best, Miss Parker." She held out her hand for them to shake, and in turn they politely took it, shaking it gently and nodding. They then pulled away and began to walk away, their aunt following suit.

They quickly made it to the car and began their journey in silence. Finley stared out of the window, concentrated in thought. Tilda turned her gaze at them for a moment and sighed softly before breaking the silence.

"Hey, I'm sorry this shit happened to you, but it'll be alright kiddo. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel." She didn't get a response and after a moment, she reached through the glove box and pulled out a cassette, popping it into her stereo.

A familiar acoustic tune came on, putting Finley a bit at ease and making them think differently about the whole thing. Everything will be okay, and maybe it was for the best that they were being sent away. They stared back out of the window and sighed, focusing on the song as the guitar faded.

Here comes the sun.
Here comes the sun and I say, it's alright.