Shot 2 : The Birthday Eve

Basking in the glory of the full Moon light, Nandini leaned against the railing with her hands tightly embracing them and lost in her own thoughts. Manik mirrored Nandini, though he thoroughly enjoyed her presence and the beauty which besotted him right from the days he laid his eyes on her. Dressed in a white off shoulder top and a umbrella skirt to go with she looked No less than a fairy from his dream land. His hands ached to trace the flesh that peeked between the gap of her top and skirt. Standing so close to her late at night, she completely evaded his senses in all possible ways.

Every single time he would lift his hands to reach her and ball his fist to control the urge to feel her skin against his, it took every ounce of his self control to not grab her and make her feel uncomfortable. He slowly placed his hands close to hers, where she held the railing and inched forward, as things didn't go unnoticed by the beautiful woman next to him. Now and then she stole glances sideways to see how long could he hold the urge of touching her, minutes passed the same way with no words being exchanged except for the cool breeze that spoke to them in the most romantic way.

Not able to hold herself anymore, " So?" She slowly muttered rubbing her palms together without looking at him.

"So?!" He replied back in the same way acting all indifferent to her questioning glaze.

"I mean, what are you doing now?" She asked him expecting an answer.

"What else? Enjoying the beautiful view in front of my eyes, not bad Haan! Your idea of spending the night here. I'm not regretting this at all, even if I had to sacrifice my precious sleep" he answered.

Annoyed at his carefree answer she turned her face completely towards him and muttered disapprovingly , " When are you going to be honest with your answers Manik?".

Surprised with her sudden outburst Manik replied, " Honest? I'm always honest Nandini!" He tried to sound confident and failed miserably.

Sighing she rejoined him, " No you're not! Do you even know why I've got you here at this time of night? Why are we standing here alone? Why am I with you when I could just stay home expecting the unexpected?"

He thought she's just joking until she has said all those words in a go, "why?" Was all that he could ask.

Taking a deep breath, she looked into his eyes with an innocent intensity that could burn him to ashes as well breathe life in to him at the same moment.

"Manik, I exactly know what you were trying to do since the time we are here, why are you trying to hide the obvious attraction between us?" She paused to look at his reaction.

Dazed at the sudden confrontation Manik looked at her with lots of questions as to when did she get the clue of the strong attraction. "Nandini it's nothing..." , before he could complete it she reverted back.

"No Manik! Don't! Do not try to deny whatever I said, we've known each other for months now Manik, also I'm not that naive to overlook the strong pull between Us! Yes! Even I'm attracted to you! I can't just keep ignoring all these thoughts going inside my mind, so I've decided let's just put an end to this and take it forward."

"Nandini, I'm not able to understand anything, it's like I'm dreaming?! Am I ?" Bewildered he reached out to touch her cheeks with his hand. She passed him a small knowing smile.

" No Manik you're not! Also I'm tired! Tired of expecting something and imagining things as I want it to be , so now I want you to..." , " Want me to?" He joined her in a dazed mode.

" I want you to show me what I'm to you! How do you see me? Above all I want to feel loved, loved by someone, and that someone is you! So show me Manik, do you feel the same about me? Or it's just infatuation? Show me what I'm in your eyes. In your world ..."

Her words were left unsaid as he grasped her smooth creamy exposed territory with his rugged palms jerking her towards him and swiftly lifted her to reach his height.

Her legs hanging in the air with his arms wound tightly across her waist, in a way by which their heartbeats made love with each other. She gasped with the sudden intimacy only to get lost in the immediate pool of emotions inside her guts.

He smothered his forehead with hers in a loving way, as she encircled her arms around his neck along with a sweet peck of her nose to his lengthy ones, "show me" she whispered.

Not waiting for more he captured her plump lips into his thin lips showing her how much he wanted her! How much he craved for her! Mingling their breathes as one and dancing to the tune of the cool breeze they exchanged their answers with a sweet yet blazing kiss to show how much they've craved for each other. While the clock struck 12 with a "Happy Birthday" song played from his mobile, in his voice making her smile amidst the kiss.