Chapter 7 : The Girl To Girl Talk

Next day

"Yui, nothing will happen if you keep pacing like that", Kinoko says from her seat on Yui's sofa, as Ibara, her and Setsuna watch the silent girl pace in the living room of her apartment. The said girl was very nervous, considering the fact that she never dated anyone and not in million years she had expected someone to make her laugh. If the game was made by a group of developers, she could have escaped her predicament with ease, but the situation was very different here. There were a number of problems in front of her. First, the game was made by single person, which means that he clearly fell in the criteria of the challenge. Second, her fans were not shutting up about how the game developer, Izuku Midoriya, deserved the reward for his efforts. It's not that she was trying to get away from the consequences of her challenges, but it was quite hectic considering how her fans nagged about it and Yui wanted only one person in life to nag her not thousand. But the third reason which terrified her a lot.

Not many people knew this, but Yui has serious social anxiety issues and that added with her early introverted habits didn't help very much. She has no idea how to start a conversation, how to make a conversation keep going, how to react and that terrified her very much. She never left her apartment without her mask or hoodie, and the gamer could easily count on her fingers how many times authorities stopped her just to make sure that she was not suspicious. And not to forget, this was technically her first date of her life. She didn't know how to present herself for a date and how to keep a date interesting.

"Will you sit down for a second Yui? You are making me motion sick", Setsuna says from her seat to which Yui retorts, "Why did you come here then? I thought you had a job. I can understand Kinoko and Ibara being here. We literally live in the same building, but don't you live at the other side of the city".

"Yui, you are talking as if we lost our job", Ibara points out to which Yui with her monotone voice says, "No offense Ibara, but you own a flower shop. You are the boss of your own place and hence you can come and leave any time you want. Kinoko can still do her research of her beloved mushrooms from her apartment. She doesn't have to go to lab for that. And I basically took a break to sort my thoughts".

"Hey! You are talking as if all I talk about is mushrooms", Kinoko says and the other girls give her not impressed look. "Should I remind you high school?" Ibara asks to which Kinoko quickly says, "Let's not talk about our dark history called high school days, shall we?"

"Well I care about you Yui, so I took a paid leave", Setsuna says cheekily to which Yui looks at her skeptically and asks, "And your boss said ok?" The green haired girl looks offended and says, "Hey, what do you took my boss for? He is my senpai first and my boss later. And not to forget, our studio doesn't have a project currently and we just celebrated our anniversary yesterday. So I thought, 'Why not bother Yui?'". The gamer girl gives her an unimpressed look and the animator cheekily grins at her. The girl sighs and flops on the couch next to the florist and says, "What am I supposed to do? Would I be bothering him? Would I offend him? I am not a fun person? Would I bore him?"

"How can you bore him if you didn't even contact him in the first place?" Kinoko asks which caused Setsuna to snicker and Yui to stare at the green haired girl, which the later took that staring as a glare. "I mean she has a point", Ibara says with a nod, herself trying to understand Yui's situation.

"Well I am sorry that I don't have his number", Yui retorts to which Setsuna says, "Girl, you could have asked me. I am literally his childhood best friend and his co-worker. In fact he lives just across the street. What is stopping you from asking his number?"

"Well... I don't know. I don't want to impose on him. What if he has a girlfriend or a wife?" Yui asks with a monotone voice which came out meek for her friends. Setsuna sighs and says, "Great! Now we have two socially awkward people who are very afraid to ask each other out". She then takes in quick breath and says, "Well lucky for you Yui. Izuku's mother is asking him to find a girl to marry".