29

Mila stretch on the floor. Lately, yoga has been her way to escape some of her stressful problems in life. After getting done with the one-hour session that she found online, she thought of cooking lunch for her, Kate, and Remi.

Hearing the door knock she groans loudly.

"Who is it?" She asks loud enough. Her voice slightly echoed through the room.

"It's me, Kate!"

Mila sighs as she stands up. She pulls up her yoga pants before walking over to the door. As she begins to unlock it she sighs quietly.

"Did you leave your keys-" she cut her sentence once she open the door.

She felt her shoulders drop as she sees Remi's place on Ivan's shoulders. Her head rests on top of his head as she giggles.

"Mommy he's so twall." Remi giggles are legs swing back on his chest.

Kate stands there with another man holding onto her arm tightly. She immediately swats his hand away before walking into the apartment, cursing under her breath as she walks back into her room. Kate made sure to slam it shut.

"Ivan-"

"We're going to talk later," Ivan tells her before walking inside.

Mila's chest rises up and down rapidly as he kicks his black luxury shoes off to the side. Just hearing his voice made her want to faint. She didn't expect to see him ever. And the fact that he was right in front of her with Remi almost made her nauseous.

She feared that he would hurt her. Maybe worse for her. After all, she did leave him stranded in a car, paralyzed for hours. This just had to be another obstacle in her life. Ivan was an obstacle in her life. She needed to find some way to get past him, but as for right now, all she could do was let the emotions slap her across her face.

Ivan places Remi down carefully before she runs to Mila. Mila bends down to Remi's level and tries to give her a big smile, her eyes watering as Remi tilts her head.

"Mommy, why are you crwying?" Remi asks as she wipes her mother's eyes.

Mila shakes her head, unaware of the tears. "It's ok, how about you go into your room and play? Miss Diana bought you some new toys."

Remi gasp loudly before running away. Ivan chuckles softly as Mila hugs herself as more tears flow down her cheeks.

"Don't be dramatic Mila, get up and stop crying," Ivan says as he begins to walk around the apartment.

His fingers trail across every piece of furniture, Mila stands up but still with her arms wrapped around her body as she sniffles quietly. As he makes his way behind the couch, he sighs loudly as he looks at her. Those blue eyes that she missed staring at her were amused.

"You two go wait in the car." He tells the men.

Before they can leave, Mila immediately stands in front of it.

"Stay." She says looking at both of them. For a second she thought she was about to get a permanent crossed eye.

"Why do you want them to stay?" Ivan questioned Mila.

Mila doesn't even hesitate to respond. "Just in case you do something to me, there are two witnesses," Mila tells him.

Hearing this makes Ivan's lips twitch. He clears his throat as he rubs the bottom of his chin. Mila bites her bottom lip before locking the door. Making sure that they won't leave.

"If I did do something to you, do you think they're going to tell the police?"

"Probably not but still. The thought of me as innocent-"