(1/3) I Follow Your Steps With My Feet

Cale Henituse didn't like pain, it was a fact known to those who are close to him.

That was why he had Vitality of Heart.

The redhead looked in front of the mirror topless. His long, wet hair draping over his shoulders as he caressed the scar wound in his chest.

It was the only anomaly the crybaby ancient power can't fix, but it's fine since it can be covered by clothes.

The voices of the ancient powers are suspiciously quiet, yet Cale didn't bother as wore a simple shirt and trousers as always.

Cale bathed in the warm sunlight, he heard constant giggles from the children and the sound of Choi Han training Alberu in swordsmanship.

He felt iffy, yet there was no pain. His chest felt itchy, yet he can't just scratch it since it was internal.

So he coughed, and managed for the feeling to subside.

Seconds later, it felt itchy again to the point it irritates the redhead as he pounded his chest loudly.

His heart thumped loudly, annoying Cale since it was all he can hear. His breathing also shortens as he drank the water that was beside his rocking chair.

He took a deep breath, calming his wild heart like he just ran a damn marathon.

Cale abruptly stood up, failing immediately when he slammed at the chair. He sat on the floor, clutching his head at the sudden dizziness making him confused.

Last time he checked, he's not anemic despite those times of him coughing out blood.

He figured he'll be back to normal once he rests, and that's what he did even if he just woke up minutes ago.

Cale went to his comfortable bed, and it felt like it was only a few minutes when he slept but it was in fact five hours, already past dinner for fuck's sake.

"Cale-nim, you should wake up and eat." The redhead grumbled but followed nonetheless. He even asked Choi Han to carry him to the dining room.

"Are you gaining weight Cale-nim? You seem heavier than a haystack now." Cale scoffed at that remark but chose not to answer. Maybe all those midnight snacks with the children had finally paid off he guess.

Alberu chose to wait for his dear dongsaeng at the dinner table, along with Raon, On, Hong, Lock and his siblings.

They all greeted Choi Han and the redhead who was being carried.

"Oh? Hyung-nim, everyone. You didn't have to wait for me."

"It's okay human! We didn't wait that long for you!"

Cale nodded before Choi Han placed him in his seat, "Okay then. Let's eat."

The meal looks appealing, since it's Beacrox' cooking as always.

'So why?' Cale thought as he felt his appetite decreasing every seconds passes by.

He twirled his fork with his fingers, then stared at the people he's grown attached to. Cale smiled for a second before going back to his usual stoic face.

The redhead almost dropped the utensil in his plate, thankfully managed to compose himself.

Alberu noticed this, and so is Choi Han.

"Cale-nim, is everything okay?"

That sentence caught everyone's attention in the room. The children who was having fun suddenly stopped and looked at the redhead in worry.