♔18

Jaemin breathed a sigh of relief as he shut the door of his room behind him. Dinner was...exciting. He had wanted to learn more about the elves that worked in the factory, but since Jeno, Taeyong, Jaehyun, Donghyuck, Renjun and pretty much everyone else was busy, he had decided to retreat to his room.

He paced around the room, having a feeling that something was right. Then he remembered that Dongbaek was still in the dining room and his over-protective brotherly instincts instantly kicked in, and he only relaxed when he recalled that Taeyong was keeping an eye over her.

He rubbed his face tiredly and walked towards the bathroom - he didn't know why he felt so nauseous, a migraine already starting to develop at the back of his skull. Exhaustion swept over him in constant waves, and he stumbled a bit before steadying himself by holding on the edge of the counter.

God, what weird thing did I eat today?

Jaemin splashed water onto his face, rubbing his temples to try and ease the pain to no avail. When he looked up in the mirror to see himself, he nearly turned around to try and see if there was anyone behind him - because he didn't believe that the person in the reflection was him.

It couldn't be.

His eyes mimicked the colour of the sky on the brightest and sunniest of days - clear and pure, or like the colour of shallow and clear waters at a clean beach. As it stretched down, it swirled and twisted to become a colour that was both grey and blue at the same time. Like clouds drifting in a radiant blue sky.

How had his eyes changed like that? Surely there was some reasonable explanation behind all of this. Then he remembered that he lived in a mansion with Santa Claus and magical people. Correction - elves.

He should probably go see Taeyong about this - given that he used to be human too.

But he might be busy with Jaehyun and finishing up the dinner and gathering everyone, Jaemin thought.

Maybe a walk around the mansion might help. So he turned the knob of his door and stepped outside, but instead his head came into painful impact with a hard surface, and he was forced back.

"Shit, sorry," Jeno cursed and apologised, knowing full well he looked rather suspicious standing outside of Jaemin's door, but he really was just passing by.

"Are you alright? Should I get some ice? I swear I didn't mean to-"

Jaemin sighed exasperatedly and glared up at Jeno, "It's alright, but watch where you're going next time. I already have a headache, and I'm kind of busy."

Jaemin had not expected to see the most intense shade of midnight blue he's ever seen in Jeno's eyes, and with lights from the ceiling, little white dots speckled over the dark blanket of colour like salt on a black cloth.

It was dark and deep, and for some reason, strangely addictive - Jaemin felt like he could stare at them all day when it was probably just an ordinary blue to anyone else.

"Fuck," Jeno breathed as he locked eyes with the other, his fingers rested at the bottom of Jaemin's chin and pushed up slightly, making him tilt his head up ever-so-slightly so he could get a better look.

"Now, now, there," Taeyong pushed Jeno back with one hand while he fanned himself with the other. Jaemin couldn't tell what expression he had on his face, it was unreadable, but it had an uneasy feeling hidden behind it.

"I believe you two have seen how both your eyes have become," he paused, "colourful."

He shut the door of Dongbaek's room, and Jaemin suspected that he put his sister to sleep, which his heart eased a little with relief.