1

"You're out of the house."

"Wait.. Wha-?"

"YOU'RE OUT OF THE HOUSE!"

I simply stared at my mother, shock filling my body. I took a deep breath, held my calm, and left the house, with nothing but a ripped bag of personal belongings handing onto my shoulders for dear life. I noticed my best friend run up to me, also with a bag on her shoulders. We explained our situations among ourselves, and walked along, puzzled as to why the both of us were kicked out of our houses at the same time. The only hope we had was each other, and we'd have to find a place and adapt sooner or later.. or god knows what would happen.

––Present––

We simply walked. That's all we could do right now at this point, until we find a suited place to settle. My sister, would lighten the mood as much as she could. I don't know how she could remain so calm and happy even in these situations, but it was one of her best qualities, that I would never want to rid her of.

"Oof-!" 

I turned around to look at her, and I giggled a little. She hit her head on a tree branch, nothing more. She just looked at me, crossed her arms, and pouted, and that made me laugh even more. She smiled and joined in the laugh as well. She looked at the sky all of a sudden, and nudged me a bit. 

"I think the sky Is about to cry." I looked up, and indeed, the sky was overcast with rain clouds, ready to pour down on us any minute. I sighed, and nodded. "Then, we should hurry it up and find a place to stay a night huh.." She just nods and clings onto me. I knew full well she hated the rainy season, because of thunder and lightning. It scared her to bits. I hugged her, and rubbed circles into her back. "It'll be fine, the thunder and lightning won't hurt you as long as I'm here!" She locked eyes with me, and just slightly let her grip loose. "Now come, we can't stay here long you know, we'll get soaking wet if we don't find a place on time." She nodded, and let go, starting to speed-walk a bit. I did the same, and hoped for the best, as we kept moving, completely silent.

It seems the gravity of this peculiar situation has just sunk in for the both of us.

--Time skip--

WELL.. Good news is, we found shelter for tonight, BEFORE it started raining, thank the heavens for that. But the bad news is, it's a darn tree. I don't think we're supposed to stay under trees when it's the rainy season, cuz it's just more chance to get struck down by lightning, but we didn't really have a choice. Either this or get soaking wet, and most probably catch a sickness trying to look elsewhere for a place to stay. With both of us squatting on the ground rather than sitting, because the ground is rather wet and would get our clothes wet, it is quite hard to maintain a nice mood. And somehow, the topic of how our home lives before this chaos was. 

"-And my teacher would always give me the best food she could cook! Even if we weren't the richest and all that, she would still try her best to raise me on decent food" 

She giggled, and I just smiled. Yashvini was an orphan most her life, her parents died at the age of two, killed for debt as far I know. I think it's stupid to beat and kill people for something like debt, that can be talked out and fixed, negotiated. Miraculously enough, a teacher took her in on the brink of death, and raised her up to be such a sweet and giving child as well till now. She's a very kind and giving woman as everyone knows, which adds to the mystery of why she would kick Yashi out in the first place, after she'd raised her to the age of 13.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by her waving her hand in my face. 

"Bharathi~? You there~?!" She asked, slightly concerned. 

I nodded.

"I'm here Yashi, don't worry, I'm not going to float away to space or something, ya?"

She chuckled at my answer, and just hugged me, making me land on my back onto the squishy and wet met that we were previously squatted down on, managing to squeeze an 'oof' our of me, as my stomach got squished with Yashi laying on it. So much for not ruining my clothes huh?  Yashi kept chattering away about something, that I didn't pay attention to. instead, I looked at the sky. surprisingly enough it had stopped raining, and the clouds were slowly clearing away. It was about time for us to begin wandering again as well.

I gently pushed Yashi to the side, as I got up, and dusted my clothes. Yashi expectedly bounced up as well and clasped her hands together, her eyes showing pure determination and excitement. 

"So, where do we go now sister?"

–––

858 words

A/N; Literally this is a beginning chapter that I wanted to dish out as soon as possible. I literally fell sick and couldn't write a single word for the past two days, and just wrote this all in a hurry right now because it doesn't really look good when a book doesn't even have a single real chapter na?

Anyway, this story is kind of based on a 'olden world' kind of thing, not real life, fictional, but it still has some of the things that used to be there in the older days. Like, pretty old. This is purely fictional please understand, I don't support the bad things that are nowadays banned at all. I am truly sorry if something I write in the future is offensive.

I Apologise for the delay in chapter, and for the shortness of the chapter as well.