Destroy

I heard them bring her inside. I looked down to see her bleeding. The guards were laughing at her.

"Oh, look at you, Queen, Looks like the king finally decided to get rid of you." Cackled the Minister who came inside the dungeon to inspect.

"The King doesn't realise what he is doing and how it will affect him yet, Minister Louis, And I must say, that you will pay the price too." The Queen said, her head high.

I had to stop myself from scoffing at this. She was a prisoner in her own castle, but still so proud.

"Whatever floats your boat." The Minister said smirking.

"Tie her up." He commanded the guards.

The guards obeyed.

After tying her hands, the guards and the minister left the dungeon.

Just after they left, the queen flopped down on the floor, sobbing.

I checked around to see if anyone is coming before coming out of my hiding place.

"Hello there, Vanessa, I see that you are not very pleased out here." I greeted her.

She looked quiet shocked. She quickly wiped away her tears before saying, "Edward, what are you doing here? And I forbid you to use my name." She said, trying and failing to keep her voice from cracking.

"I must say, Vanessa, that you are in no condition to stay proud and give me any orders."  I said, quite bored. 

"I am the Queen, Edward, I can order you. Now, tell me, what are you doing here?" She spoke.

"I will explain my purpose later. But, tell me, do you still not get it? You are not the Queen anymore, you are a prisoner in your own castle. The king has betrayed you. You have to fight against him now but you are in no condition of lifting a sword. This is his kingdom now." I told her, quite angry.

She seemed speechless. I felt like I finally removed the cover of pride around her eyes. 

I unleashed my dagger and started towards her. She flinched, looking scared for the first time. 

"Now, let me tell you why I am here. I am here to destroy the king. And I want you to help me." I said as cut her ropes off. 

As I helped her get on her feet, she asked, "Why do you want to destroy the king? And what would you do with this kingdom after it? Are you planning to be the king?"

"I will tell you why I want to destroy the king later. And no, I am not planning to be the king. Ruling and all is not my thing. I would give this kingdom back to you. After all, you were the one who built it." I said, and it was the truth. I knew that I wouldn't be any good as a king. I was just a Thief, after all.

She smiled genuinely at me as I took her hand and guided her towards the secret passage.

         ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━

That's all. I hope you liked this short one-shot.

Changing-the-World
LoveChoices-
Trushna394
The-Real-Prongs
LilyEvansPotter17

Over and Out! ⚔️