💋𝟑𝟕.

"Stuck in a maze, everything's okay but it's not really okay. My life's a death race, I'm numbing my pain with codeine rain. I'm going insane, life's not the same. . ."
-Juice Wrld💋

Chapter 37:

August

Two Months Later

Two Months Later

As August's strong hand gripped the expensive leather of his drop top Range Rover, he studied the streets that he continued to rule. They had changed over the past two months. Businesses had been booming, causing the former goldmine to become a steady cash flow.

The rules had evolved and the players had revolved, to what was now an all out success. New York wasn't the same for good reason, and he did fifty miles per hour out of the city limits and back to the suburbs faithfully every day to check on his operations.

With a blunt tucked between his lips as he drove on the highway, August's mind drifted to thoughts of Ariel. He missed her greatly, and he hated himself for ending their relationship while she was pregnant with his seed, but he was only trying to protect her from his world of crime.

August was a cursed man, it seemed that death followed him wherever he went, and he never wanted Ariel or their unborn child to succumb to such tragedy. No matter how hard the decision maybe, he knew in the end that it was for the best.

These past two months of being apart from Ariel had been hell for him, and he couldn't focus on shit. August had been so guarded and secluded since they had went their separate ways, that he even tried to find someone to fill the void.

Falling deeply in love for the first time then loosing it broke his spirit, and he was willing to do whatever it took in order to numb the pain that his damaged heart felt on the daily.

Only one woman had peeked his interest over the past few months, and he had met her by chance. Miracle Watts.

She had been a great distraction from the pain, but she hadn't been fully available to love him. She had a situation of her own that she couldn't abandon, thus leaving him alone to mourn an old flame that no one could compare to.

August blinked away his emotion, and swiped his free hand over his face, as he took a swig from the codeine filled Styrofoam double cup resting in the middle console. When he focused back on to the road, all traces of vulnerability were erased from his expression. He never exposed his melancholy, not even to himself.

He tucked his turmoil away, as if it was an old piece of clothing that he could put in the back of his closet and forget about. He couldn't dwell in his feelings, that is what women did. Sobbing and moping about what he couldn't have wouldn't do anything but keep him stagnant.

August maneuvers through the city of the place that he both loved and hated. New York had inevitably become his home, within the perimeter of the city, August was a crowned king. It wasn't a title he boasted proudly, he didn't particularly like the reputation at all.