Tête-à-tête

Se Ri sat hunched over the kitchen table, her head resting on her forearm. She had never been so tired in her life. She'd pulled a few all-nighters in college studying for exams, but those had nothing on this feeling. And she had been a mother for about 48 hours. At least she was allowed to up her intake coffee from one cup a day to three.

There was a lukewarm cup of the brew sitting right there on the table with her. All she needed was to find the energy to pick it up and bring it to her lips. Instead, she continued to remain immobile.

The doorbell rang and Se Ri's head popped, waiting for the ear-splitting scream from her room. It didn't come. She thanked god that Eun Jung hadn't woken up.

Se Ri sighed, trying to find the energy to stand and go get the door. It was probably Dan. She pushed the chair back and got up, grabbing her coffee mug to bring with her for the trip to the front door. When had the front door moved so far away from the kitchen?

She took a gulp of her nectar and felt its revitalising properties as the warm liquid travelled down her throat. She closed her eyes and inhales the lovely scent. Then proceeded to trip over her own feet, coffee sloshing out of the cup onto her t-shirt.

"Shit!" She looked around and saw a semi-clean burping cloth that she had left on the sofa, picking it up, she started dabbing at the stain. She wasn't even sure why she bothered since the shirt was already a mess. She set the cup down and walked the rest of the way to the door, opening it without really looking, still preoccupied with the stain on her t-shirt.

"My, what a vision of loveliness," a drool voice remarked.

Se Ri looked up, wide eyes, hand on the boob as she was still rubbing at the coffee splotch. "Gu Seung Joon!" she yelped, quickly pulling her hand away.

Seung Joon was here. At her house. Which meant he knew. Who else had Jeong Hyeok told? Should she be expecting a parade coming by the house to yell at her?

"It is I," he replied. They stood in the doorway, staring at each other.

"You going to invite me in?" Seung Joon finally asked.

"Yeah, sure." She said, stepping aside to allow him entry.

She shook her head as he made his way into the home. She couldn't be worried about everyone else right now. Right now she just needed to muster up enough energy to make it through this. Seung Joon loved Jeong Hyeok like a brother. She was sure he wasn't just here to congratulate her.

"Your house is cosy..." Seung Joon said, looking around the house.

Se Ri crossed her arms over her chest self-consciously. Her house looked like a mess. And there was her, shirt wet and stained, not wearing a bra, hadn't showered in two days, had an adult diaper on, and fairly certain there was spit-up in her hair.

"Is there something I can do for you, Seung Joon?" Se Ri bit out as she collapsed onto the sofa.

"Well, I wouldn't say no to a glass of whiskey. I mean, it is traditional to offer your guests a beverage."

"It is also traditional for guests to be invited," she snarked defensively.

"Touche," Seung Joon agreed.

Se Ri sighed, not having the energy to get up from her spot. "There's beer and water in the fridge, you can help yourself. I'd stay away from anything in a baby bottle unless you're jonesing for some breast milk."

"Nah, breast milk is only worth it when it's straight from the breast."

Se Ri shuddered at the imagery. "Gross!"