The Truth? Part 2

"Could.. could you repeat that again?" Espresso's frown slightly.

"I asked who's Madeleine. Espresso, are you sure you're okay? You've been acting weird ever since you walked through the door." Latte turned back and faced him.

"Yes, everything is perfectly fine" Espresso smiled slightly.

"Are you sure, Espresso?" Latte walked closer to him, reaching her arm up to feel his forehead.

"Yes, please do not worry" Espresso gently pushed her hand away, "didn't you mention something about Pancake Cookie wanting to fly..?"

"Oh, yes! Pardon me, Espresso!" She backed away and gave a bright smile, "if anything is troubling you, please do tell me!"

"Of course" Espresso gave a bow.

Watching as Latte disappeared from his view in the snowy fog. Espresso turned around and closed the door. Walking over to the chair where the cloak once sat he sat down and looked at the leftover blue cloth on the table, picking up the cloth he saw his own hand trembling.

"What's this?" He looked at his own dark hand. Maybe I'm just cold? He got up and moved over to the machine that had become hot to the touch, it was much warmer.

While he scanned the room it started to become slightly blurry. "Have my glasses become dirty?" He pulled off his glasses and wiped them, "yes.. m-much better!" His voice became slightly hoarse

Espresso shook his head, what's this? Stop shedding these pitiful tears, you'll become all soggy!

"Espresso! Haha, come on!"

"Ma-madeleine!" Espresso heard the soft tender voice of a child, he remembered this familiar voice, how could he not remember?

"Come come, I know a secret place we can go to!"

Espresso felt a slight tug on his sleeve

Espresso stood up and looked at his sleeves, but he didn't see anything,"Madeleine! This isn't funny, come out right now!" He tapped his palm trying to keep his composure to a minimum.

"Shhh~ if Mother were to see me she would scold me! Ah, Espresso where are you going? Come back!"

what is going on! Espresso looked everywhere for the source of this voice but he didn't see anything, or anyone. Standing up he walked forward a little.

"Madeleine, this isn't funny!" Cold sweat rolled down his neck.

"Espresso, how could you leave me?"

"I didn't leave you!" Espresso turn back towards the machine

Espresso felt something warm yet cold be placed on his shoulder, turning his head slightly, it was Madeleine!

A pale sickly Madeleine stared at Espresso, his once sparkling periwinkle eyes had dulled, he had dark circles under his eye, his hair wasn't as shiny or blond anymore, it had paled to be a very pale blond.

"You said you would never leave me again.."

"Madeleine Cookie, I.."

Wait, When have I ever promised Madeleine anything..?

Espresso shoved Madeleine off to the side and stiffly walked over to the coffee machine. Yes. I've never promised that cookie anything!

Madeleine's dead eyes followed the mage, but he never moved.

Espresso sinked into the chair, and took off his glasses.

"I must be going crazy!" He mumbled

"Espresso..."