Chapitre 1

He could see his stepfather's body on the ground below the KaibaCorp headquarters. Seto could only stare at him with blank blue eyes. Seto's brain was rewinding the scene over and over, from Gozaburo running to the window and throwing himself to his last sentence.

Losing means death.

You should die if you get defeated.

Losing means death.

Losing is...

He was smiling on the outside while crumbling inside. Seto defeated him and was happy about it. But he killed him, and this was eating him alive. Seto really thought he would be relieved for the abuse to be over. But he didn't. And he hated it.

People were gathering around Gozaburo's body below. Some fainted, some threw up, some were taking pictures for their creepy needs. Seto could see the blood and his former tormentor's brain splattered from above. Seto didn't hear his younger brother coming in.

"What... is going on? Seto?" His meek voice asked.

"He... He is dead. Mokuba."

"Huh?" Mokuba didn't understand what his brother meant.

"Throwing himself. Out of the window. Kaiba Corp belongs to us, now." Seto replied in a mechanical voice.

Mokuba still looked confused but he threw himself in his brother's arms anyway, crying without a noise.

The Kaiba brothers could hear the sirens — getting louder as they approached the Kaiba Corp building area. Seto knew it would likely be ruled out as suicide — but he did have an escape plan just in case. He now has more than enough money to make the police turn a blind eye to him.

"The kids are there, sir," One policeman said.

They are here. They sure came fast.

That is what Seto pondered.

In reality, Seto was staring blankly for roughly half an hour before the police came to him.

The teen didn't remember anything about the questioning, except Mokuba's hand gripping his shirt during the whole thing.

"It will be okay now, Mokuba..."

"We are safe..."

Seto tried desperately to comfort his brother, but he wasn't sure of what he was saying himself.

Seto could hear the policemen struggling to speak... In English? He wondered who they were talking to. And, like he was learned to, he came to them to talk to whoever else was here. Professionally, just like he learned during his home classes.

"So hm. Mister... Wayne? Here are Kaiba Gozaburo's adoptive sons."

Seto and Mokuba looked up to that "Mister Wayne" — He was a tall man, pretty much as tall as their late adoptive father. He was looking way younger than him, however. "Mister Wayne" was wearing a neat black suit, with its black tie. His hair was black and slicked back. Everything was black on him, except his blue eyes.

"What do you want?" Seto sneered in perfect English.

Mister Wayne seemed not to be bothered by the teenager's tone.

"We can go to Japanese if you would like, you know." He simply replied.

If the man were to play that game... Then they would be two.

"So, what do you want?" Seto asked harshly, switching back to Japanese.

"I simply came here to take you home, your new home."