Chapter 4

"Who decided to put me against two stunners in the same match?" Joseph rubbed the sides of his body as he walked into the kitchen to talk to Antonio. His matches were brutal but he still sent three of the survivors back to the manor in each one. He hoped he could have a break from matches after this.

"Eh stunners? You don't look too good, Joseph." Antonio chuckled. Joseph swatted at him playfully. Antonio pretended to be hurt but Joseph ignored him.

"Wow, thanks." He rolled his eyes. "I'm absolutely exhausted though, I'm going to make tea and then I think I should rest." He moved over to the stove and began to boil water in the tea kettle.

"Right. If you want, my offer still stands. To play my violin for you." He raised an eyebrow at Joseph.

"I think I would enjoy that a lot. We can go upstairs once I finish making this tea."

Joseph sat down in his chair while he watched Antonio add rosin to his bow. They had decided to go back to Joseph's room since he was already pretty tired and he wanted to get comfortable. Antonio wiped down the body of his violin then turned back to Joseph, who was watching him expectantly.

"You ready?"

Joseph nodded. Antonio began to play one of the most beautiful songs Joseph had ever heard. He usually didn't listen to music or even enjoy it anymore after the death of his brother, but there was something about Antonio's music that made him feel different. He couldn't help but notice how beautiful Antonio looked as he played. He liked the way his face seemed to relax completely and he looked at peace, and how his fingers gracefully danced across the finger board without any hesitation. He wouldn't be surprised if Antonio could play in his sleep. The piece ended a little too soon for Joseph's liking but he still clapped as Antonio took a deep breath.

"That was really, really amazing, Antonio. I don't even have words to express how beautiful that sounded.." Joseph could only stare at him in awe.

Antonio chuckled. "Thank you for the kind words. I hope it was alright, I haven't really played anything since I..well you know."

Joseph did know. He nodded in response then stretched out his arms. "I think it's time for me to get some rest now. Thank you for playing for me, I hope you can stop by and do it more often."

Antonio began to pack his violin back into the case. He nodded at Joseph. "Only if you will let me accompany you while you take photos again."

"That's fair. I guess it's a deal then, I'll see you for dinner? Or maybe whenever I wake up." He smiled as Antonio stepped towards the door to leave.

"Alright. Rest well, Joseph." He swiftly slipped out of the room before Joseph could reply, shutting the door behind him. Joseph could hear him hum the same piece he had just played as he walked down the hall.